Need to stop suggested contacts syncing to phone

ktech11

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
One of the exec's where I work has a Droid RAZR and his Outlook Suggested contacts are syncing to the phone. He uses the suggested contacts on his desktop a lot, but does not want them on his phone. I can't seem to find anywhere to disable that with the exception of completely stopping syncing the contacts to his phone or disabling suggested contacts in Outlook. Neither of these are options. Any ideas?

remarkosmoc

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Just use gmail only. That's how i roll.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you don't have something constructive to add towards the solution, why bother? When my Grammy asks me to help her use facebook, I actually help her, I don't just tell her to user her rotary-dial party line phone instead.

Ktech, if you figure this out please post the solution, I'm having the same issue.

Buzzardsroost

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
If yours is set up like my phone. Goto your email account click on Settings. And it will show general settings and then I list of your email accounts. Put on your email account. take to check off of sync contacts.

jatinc

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Simple Hack:
In your Outlook, assign category "Quick Contacts" to all your "suggested contacts" in Outlook.

Then in your Anroid mobile under People -> Contacts to Display -> Customise and then uncheck "Quick Contacts" (i.e. the category that you assigned to suggested contacts in earlier step.

Hope this helps.

Adam Bridley

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
A little bit of reverse logic here
In your contact only categorize the ones you want as "External" or "General"
Then in the groups to choose in ActiveSync, choose that group only

Suggested contacts are ungrouped and will then not be displayed

Nbot

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The issue seems to exist at the moment only on Outlook 2010 users, on KitKat?

This Microsoft article did the trick for me, where the "Suggested Contacts" (which are the "automatically saved email addresses" (an admittedly useful feature in Outlook 2010) are not synced to my Android device. Apparently Outlook 2013 did away with the Suggested Contacts feature.

edit: Android Central won't let me share links yet, but if you google for this MS article title, you'll find the bulletin: "Automatically add contacts for everyone that you send an email message"

Also, I did not need to "delete" the suggested contacts list, just unchecked that box and did the trick for me at least.

Turn Suggested Contacts on or off

Suggested Contacts is turned on by default. Because Suggested Contacts is considered part of Outlook Address Book, some synchronization programs might attempt to synchronize the contacts to other devices.

The Suggested Contacts folder can contain a large number of entries. To prevent synchronization of the Suggested Contacts folder, review the documentation provided by your synchronization software. You can also exclude the folder as part of the Outlook Address Book. This might prevent the folder from being synchronized with other devices.

In Contacts, in the Navigation Pane, click Suggested Contacts.
On the Folder tab, in the Properties group, click Folder Properties.
On the Outlook Address Book tab, clear the Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book check box.

If you want to turn Suggested Contacts off, do the following:

Click the File tab.
Click Options.
Click Contacts.
Under Suggested contacts, select or clear the Automatically create Outlook contacts for recipients that do not belong to an Outlook Address Book.

You might also want to delete the contents of the Suggested Contacts folder.

In Contacts, in the Navigation Pane, click Suggested Contacts.
Click any contact, and then press CTRL+A.
On the Home tab, in the Delete group, click Delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy