Missing MP3 files

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry if this has been addressed before. I did a search of the forum and didnt really see anything that could relate to my issue.

I had a droid X with over 390 song files on the SD card. When I activated the Razr, I simply moved the SD card to the Razr. When I installed winamp as my music app, it only saw 82 of the files but if I connect via USB my windows computer confirms that all of the 393 files are there. I tried several of the music apps and all had the same issue. I decided to move the files to the internal storage of the phone and yet again, only 82 files show up but they are all there when accessed via windows. I did not root the Droid X and I dont intend to root the Razr. What could be the reason for this? For some strange reason, the only songs recognized are the ones in a sub directory with the artists name as the title. For instance, I have several directories labeled as Billy Joel, Bon Jovi ect. And for the artists that I only have a song or 2 for, I have those files in a directory labeled "Various Artists". The song files in the directories labeled as the Artist name show up but the rest of the files in the Various Artists directory do not show up (except when viewing them through USB mass storage and on a windows 7 computer)

Oh, After several attempts to get the files to show, I moved everything off of the SD Card and formatted it in windows, then I added it to the phone and had the phone mount it. Next time I looked at the card it had a directory calld "Lost.Dir"

Last edited:

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Stupid me. I fixed it. Seems I had put a .nomedia file in the directory for the various artists to prevent it from showing up in the photo gallery. How stupid. Took that file out and whalah....there are all the missing mp3 files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney