Unable to set alarm using "Voice Search" since ICS .215 upgrade

mtpease

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago, I installed the .215 ICS leak. Since I installed that, I am no longer able to set an alarm using the "Voice Search" feature. Before this upgrade, I would always hold my search button, and simply say "set alarm for 6" or whatever time I needed. Since this upgrade, the alarm icon no longer appears in the top right of my screen, but the alarm does show up (with a check mark) in the list in the stock alarm app. I even get a notification that says " The alarm, however, does not go off as scheduled. The only way I am able to set an alarm is by manually entering it in the stock alarm app.

Is anyone else having this issue?

MakanaTheDog

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to set alarm using "Voice Search" since ICS .215 upgra

I figured it was just me, and that I did something wrong. Never thought about it much cause of course I'm in a panic and running to get caught up for what I'm now late for.

But yes I am seeing the same issue, and not running any leaked copy of ICS, I got the regular OTA from Verizon.

any help is appreciated!

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Screenshot_2012-08-14-16-47-18.png

working fine for me

MakanaTheDog

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Braden,
Yeah I get that alarm activation window, I also get the "this alarm set for 2 minutes from now" pop up windows as well as the icon (I noticed mtpease didn't get an alarm icon). When I go in to the Alarm app I do see the alarm there, and it is checked, but the alarm dosen't go off... I'll wait to see if it goes off tomorrow, maybe 2 minutes is too soon.
I've tried saying all kinds of different things, ("Set alarm for 4:04 pm to check alarm" is what initiates the alarm that doesn't go off)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I just say set alarm for_____am/pm.

Noticed it asks for stock alarm or alarm clock plus (which i recommend) and i chose acp. Haven't tried stock alarm as it has let me down in the past. Might have something to do with it...

sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC