AccuBatt: 1% Battery levels for Motorola Phones

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks great, SJ! I'm with everybody else...change the color ASAP, please. Also, I think it would look better if you could move it to the right next to the battery symbol.

Regardless, great app!!!

Thanks,
T

Unfortunately, the notification is stuck where it is, I can only place them in that area. As far as the color..that should be coming very soon.

I'm working on an In-app purchase that activates some new features and removes the ads. Originally the plan was to put the ICS theme in the extra features, requiring a purchase, but I'm reconsidering putting it back free.

It seems like a lot of people see the colors as a limitation, so I don't want to charge for a bugfix. What do y'all think?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Very nice. IMHO, white would probably be most visible for the notification bar. Since you can get full information with a down-swipe it's no big deal for me. Well done, thank you.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would at least offer white. I think the ICS theme would be super slick, but I don't know if it'd be worth the price for that color scheme. I don't blame you for thinking of charging for it, but I think the only way to do it would be to lump it in with the other upgrades and ad removal. I wouldn't be willing to pay for the ICS theme by itself.

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I would at least offer white. I think the ICS theme would be super slick, but I don't know if it'd be worth the price for that color scheme. I don't blame you for thinking of charging for it, but I think the only way to do it would be to lump it in with the other upgrades and ad removal. I wouldn't be willing to pay for the ICS theme by itself.

I've just uploaded the ICS theme for free :). Look for version 1.2.0 to be coming to your phone soon! I'm compiling a list of features that will be purchasable including an ad-free option. Any suggestions?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've just uploaded the ICS theme for free :). Look for version 1.2.0 to be coming to your phone soon! I'm compiling a list of features that will be purchasable including an ad-free option. Any suggestions?

I did the update & got forced closes even after rebooting. After uninstalling & reinstalling the app it's just perfect so any problem seems to be in how the update itself is applied. The ICS (white) theme fits my needs just dandy. Again, good job & thanks.

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I did the update & got forced closes even after rebooting. After uninstalling & reinstalling the app it's just perfect so any problem seems to be in how the update itself is applied. The ICS (white) theme fits my needs just dandy. Again, good job & thanks.

Yes I am in the process of fixing this issue. So sorry about the confusion! Clearing the App's cache or reinstalling will fix until I can get 1.2.1 out.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am in the process of fixing this issue. So sorry about the confusion! Clearing the App's cache or reinstalling will fix until I can get 1.2.1 out.

Just a thought. It's certainly not "needed" but it would put a little polish on the notification bar if you would add the "%" to the numbers so they aren't sorta' sitting up there naked. You should be pleased that such a trivial suggestion is an indication of how well your 1st effort was done.

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought. It's certainly not "needed" but it would put a little polish on the notification bar if you would add the "%" to the numbers so they aren't sorta' sitting up there naked. You should be pleased that such a trivial suggestion is an indication of how well your 1st effort was done.

Thanks for your input!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The update is welcomed, but i was thinking "ICS themed" would mean the text is teal like the OS stuff on the right of the notification bar. The new white is easier to see, but the os developers need to learn the difference between white and grey. DX

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The update is welcomed, but i was thinking "ICS themed" would mean the text is teal like the OS stuff on the right of the notification bar. The new white is easier to see, but the os developers need to learn the difference between white and grey. DX

Unfortunately, the way notifications are set up in Android 4.x makes it hard to specifically get a desired color. If I worked to get a teal the color of the system icons, when you pulled it down, the notification would be an ungodly bright cyan color. I'll look into it, though. For now, I think White (Gray) seems to be what a lot of people wanted.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That's fine. Like i said, my beef is with the os design itself in that respect. I've got several apps that now suffer from shades of grey in the notification bar.

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's fine. Like i said, my beef is with the os design itself in that respect. I've got several apps that now suffer from shades of grey in the notification bar.

Yes I am sorry to say that is a limitation of the OS :(. I am still looking for other requests! How many actually use the Widget? I'm in the process of designing an ICS-blue version.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I keep it on a side home screen (i keep my main home screen minimal), but i don't actively use it other than keeping an eye our for bugs.

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I keep it on a side home screen (i keep my main home screen minimal), but i don't actively use it other than keeping an eye our for bugs.

Very interesting. I personally prefer the widget to the notification, but it seems most people are the other way around!

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting. I personally prefer the widget to the notification, but it seems most people are the other way around!

I also prefer the notification to the widget for the "clean" look. A version of the widget with an ICS theme might be nice though.

I did see a bit of a red flag you should be aware of. I noted that this morning I noted the app was consuming 10% of overall battery power. Seems extraordinarily heavy and although I can't be sure, I don't remember anything near this level prior to the updates. Will be monitoring the thread for any comment from you or other users.

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I also prefer the notification to the widget for the "clean" look. A version of the widget with an ICS theme might be nice though.

I did see a bit of a red flag you should be aware of. I noted that this morning I noted the app was consuming 10% of overall battery power. Seems extraordinarily heavy and although I can't be sure, I don't remember anything near this level prior to the updates. Will be monitoring the thread for any comment from you or other users.

I have heard reports of battery consumption before, but from what I can ascertain, the only reason you should see a noticeable amount of consumption is if the widget is clicked on / the settings page opened dozens of times per day..This is due to the fact that ads are loaded on each time, which can consume battery. I'm working on a better system for that.

As far as the widget goes, I'm toying with a new color scheme that fits in better with the ICS blue/white. Take a look, and let me know what you think:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwqLpQHGnrMWbGxHOUtaYUpZNTA

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I personally like the new widget look better. As to the battery use, I did open the settings but I'm fairly certain it was only once this morning after charging overnight and rebooting. Seems odd.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just checked and it doesn't even crack the top 8 listing of battery use on my phone. I'm mixed on widget color, though. ICS colors are cool, but I'm used to power supply indicators (Android and other devices) being green to show the level. Just my own opinion is all. ;)

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just checked and it doesn't even crack the top 8 listing of battery use on my phone. I'm mixed on widget color, though. ICS colors are cool, but I'm used to power supply indicators (Android and other devices) being green to show the level. Just my own opinion is all. ;)

Well I was happy to include both options! As to a new widget, I've taken things in a different direction...Here's a look at things to come :)!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwqLpQHGnrMWRjVPbFlkYW5kcUk

How's THAT for a sleek ICS theme?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance