So what's your flagship device Motorola?

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Razr when it came out in Nov of last year... To have them release the Maxx right after... Now today they drop news of the Maxx HD and Razr M.. Officially..
But they have lost my business as much as I liked the Razr I vowed that I'm done with them... I should be able to buy your flagship device and feel like I got your best tech for at least one year... Not to be out done every couple of months... Do any of you feel me on this?

Sent from my GS3....

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Technology advances ever faster and is not unique to Motorola nor for that matter, the smart phone market. If you want the "latest & greatest" I'm afraid you'll find yourself in a constant state of upgrade. I say, choose wisely & be happy. Upgrade when you need to or when your want becomes a need.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope.

Don't understand why so many get mad when new phones come out. Don't we all benefit from innovation and progress? I am always happy to see improved phones come out. That means that the next time I'm ready to upgrade, there are plenty of innovations to chose from.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Um.. The Galaxy series Yes many other phones come out with galaxy attached but they're not flagship S series ... The touch pro series on HTC was once a year, iphone obviously, Droid incredible, HTC Evo, hell even sidekick, Nexus, bb storm,.. Yea these were all once a year...it's bad business to drop a flagship phone and release upgrades of it repeadily.... Save it for the next iteration... Doesn't stop innovation . it's laziness for innovation with Moto not thinking ahead for what's next.. Instead they nickel and dime you to keep up why not set the bar to start with .... Lol... It also shows respect to the people who buy into your brand..... Just ask Apple and Samsung how their sales are doing with that concept

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
It worked for the OG droid for a while... So excuse me for looking at history and thinking they were gonna continue it on the Razr......:rolleyes:

Sent from my GS3....

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was a little annoyed about the Maxx coming out shortly after I got my Razr. Before they announced the Maxx, I had told several people that I liked my Razr, but kinda wished they'd have just made it slightly thicker & put a bigger battery in it. Then the Maxx came out. So I do agree it would've been nice if they would have launched them together. And it seems like perhaps they've learned from that, and so they've announced the versions at the same time this time around.

These new Razrs aren't out yet, so by the time you can get the new ones, it'll have been almost a year since the original Droid Razr came. I think that's a totally reasonable lifecycle for their "flagship" models, if maybe even a bit long when you consider the competitive nature of the mobile phone market.

Anytime you buy cutting edge tech (or heck, any tech at all!), you have to do it knowing that most likely, there will be something else you'd have rather bought introduced in a month or less. You're not going to get away from that by abandoning Motorola, but feel free to buy whatever you want. I lost my phone for a couple days shortly ago, and came very close to buying a Galaxy S3. Not because I was mad at Moto, but because it seemed like the best option at the time. If I were buying now, I'd make do until I could get a Razr Maxx HD.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well Just be ready fro the Razr Maxx HD plus... Two months later... I'm staying with the GS3 series & Nexus(2nd line) line up... I'd would be itching for the Razr Maxx HD right now if Motorola/Verizon had done the right thing because yea its close to a year now... I expect different colors a price drop maybe... But not a different Damn phone 30days later.. Lol

Sent from my GS3....

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well Just be ready fro the Razr Maxx HD plus... Two months later... I'm staying with the GS3 series & Nexus(2nd line) line up... I'd would be itching for the Razr Maxx HD right now if Motorola/Verizon had done the right thing because yea its close to a year now... I expect different colors a price drop maybe... But not a different Damn phone 30days later.. Lol

Sent from my GS3....

So basically you're mad about the original Razr not being launched at the same time as the regular Droid Razr, and now you're just ranting again in light of the new phones being announced. Gotcha. I look forward to reading a rant about Samsung launching a new phone that's better than the S3 in a few months...

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Have fun with those Samsung radios :D made the mistake of leaving Motorola for the nexus. I will never buy a phone that isn't Motorola. And now that they are getting even closer to using Kexec to bypass the bootloader all is well, and news that we may even be able to unlock our bootloaders at some point.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Sent from my GS3....
Surprised you have signal. :p

It seems like they just joined the group instead of becoming a leader.

AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!!

Motorola clearly is capable of better, as shown with the Atrix HD and it's gorgeous display.

I can see the AMOLED matrix from arms length. Unacceptable. Also, you'd think with the screen blotch issue, they'd cut ties with Samsung.

Also, the regular RAZR got a battery boost...I was seriously hoping for a 3500+ battery. Also, why come out with phone at speed as the other big guys...and ICS!?!?!

"Leapfrog" should be tossed around once and a while...

I've put up with substandard screens to have superior connectivity...getting annoyed now.

HTC IPS-LCD > *

The next Nexus device better not be made by Samsung...and it better not be AMOLED!

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So basically you're mad about the original Razr not being launched at the same time as the regular Droid Razr, and now you're just ranting again in light of the new phones being announced. Gotcha. I look forward to reading a rant about Samsung launching a new phone that's better than the S3 in a few months...

I mean 6mth later would have different then the same phone 30days later under the same "line" ... And I don't work at Samsung or anything but.... Historically they haven't came out with a phone topping their Galaxy S device... Many under it but haven't seen one time they topped it.. And I hated Samsung phones trust me....
It's funny cause the only people who were ok with Moto doing this seem to have a Maxx.... Lol.. Kinda funny

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Surprised you have signal. :p

It seems like they just joined the group instead of becoming a leader.

AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!!

Motorola clearly is capable of better, as shown with the Atrix HD and it's gorgeous display.

I can see the AMOLED matrix from arms length. Unacceptable. Also, you'd think with the screen blotch issue, they'd cut ties with Samsung.

Also, the regular RAZR got a battery boost...I was seriously hoping for a 3500+ battery. Also, why come out with phone at speed as the other big guys...and ICS!?!?!

"Leapfrog" should be tossed around once and a while...

I've put up with substandard screens to have superior connectivity...getting annoyed now.

HTC IPS-LCD > *

The next Nexus device better not be made by Samsung...and it better not be AMOLED!

You hate AMOLED... I got it hahaha... I misunderstood you at first so you too were upset..

Sent from my GS3....

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Have fun with those Samsung radios :D made the mistake of leaving Motorola for the nexus. I will never buy a phone that isn't Motorola. And now that they are getting even closer to using Kexec to bypass the bootloader all is well, and news that we may even be able to unlock our bootloaders at some point.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Aaaah man I've sent my GNEX back 2x... Instantly I was like uuuuh maybe trading my razr for a Gnex was a bad idea.... Lmao... But I like hacking on it.. Plus it's my 2nd for personal biz.... My GS3 has Nooooo signal issues at all... I miss some features of the Razr honestly.. It's a great phone but seeing how fast it was losing value knowing the HD was on the way putting it 3 gens back in less than a year... I got rid of it for the Nexus....

Sent from my GS3....

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a Bionic and was pissed wen they released the Razr, only to get more pissed after I got the Razr and they released the Maxx.......

At least this time they did it correctly.
They announced the M, HD and Maxx HD all at the same time.
Release dates are pending but you at least know.

Good job....

Reactions: the1m.polo

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's technology. Look at Intel's Sandy Bridge processors, a year later Ivy Bridges processors came out.
Technology advances faster then what we can afford.

But then again, Motorola abuses it.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well them new razrs look solid.. Motorola is like an ex that promises not to cheat on me again... And I just ran into her in the mall looking all good.... I wanna trust her but I can't... Not yet it's too soon.... Lmao

Sent from my GS3....

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Let me get this straight. You're mad because Motorola is releasing a new phone 8-10 months after the originals debuted? I could understand if these were iterative updates (a la maxx), but they're not. These are substantial upgrades, and were needed for Motorola to be competitive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci