Battery and SD Problems

R3deemed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

For a while now my battery has been incredibly screwed up and has gotten progressively worse. At first I noticed that after leaving it charged all night, I would wake up and it would only be at 70% or so. However, once I unplugged it and replugged it, within about twenty seconds it would jump from 70 to 100%. Unfortunately, it wasn't truly 100% charged-- it would die quicker than normal. Sometimes this would also happen but instead of 70% be 30% or 40%, and it would again die rather quickly even if I unplugged and replugged and got it to that faux 100%.

More recently I've noticed extreme jumps in my battery. For example, it will say 70 or 80% one moment, and then instantaneously drop to 15%. Or say 50% and then shut off as if dead. Once this started happening I also noticed a "question mark" (opposed to a number and percent) appearing inside the battery indicator on my screen when it is asleep and charging, indicating something is clearly wrong when my phone tries to read/process the battery. At this point I followed some others' advice and wiped the cache on my phone, but that did not help.

And now, as of two days ago, my phone is saying "SD card damaged. You may have to reformat it."

Do you guys think these issues are related? Will reformatting actually help me with my battery problems? To my knowledge my phone is working 100% correctly except for the battery. I can text, call, use apps, media, etc. just fine except for the fact that I often have to keep my phone plugged in and charged-- which I know is not good for it.

Do you guys have any advice? Should I try to reformat it? Or should I just go down to the Verizon store and see what they have to say? Any help would be much appreciated.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Reformatting sd card will do nothing for the battery problem. Now the battery problem might have caused the sd card to get corrupted, and formatting the sd card might save just the sd card. Take it too Verizon for the battery problem though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you are having these kind of issues i would definitely take it back to the Verizon store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781