back to stock OTA

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was able to install JB ota and keep root. But now I need to get back to stock (indoor). What would the best way?

Carracerz14 is correct. Once you accepted that JB update you are now stuck on JB. Kinda like when we all updated from GB to ICS and could not go back after we updated. It changes things inside the phone that will not allow it to boot up with out that JB signature.

I did read somewhere that Verizon was helping people out with issues that "updated" to the newest JB when Moto activated the update. If your issue is serious, you may have to check into that option.

tugcapt1#CB

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry i wasn't very clear on my original post

I understand I can't go back to ICS. VZ senting me a replacement phone, now I need to unroot the original phone. Can I boot into stock recovery and reinstall original JB ota?

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Matt made it clear in droidrzr.com that Utility 1.82 will only work on ICS 4.0.4...

But its worth a shot. Email him and ask.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
For rooting yes, but I don't think anyone has tried to unroot using it, have they?

I have no need to unroot, so idk

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

dvddave

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Here is how I un rooted JB.
1---use Matt's JB unbrick utility even though you aren't bricked.

2---wipe data , cache, etc...

3---side load JB again from your SD card

This method worked for me and Matt is the one who explained it to me....good luck and please post your results....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12