Root Checker

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My GPS isn't working on my Razr so I called Verizon and did some trouble shooting and they are sending out a refurb. If I use Matt's utility option 1 do you think I will have a problem with the return since it will read 0/1? Also do I put the phone in ap fast boot then select option 1or select option 1then put the phone in fast boot. Has anyone returned their phone with an 0/1 and been charged for it?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
You put that phone into fastboot first with the USB cable connected, then select option 1 and follow the on screen instructions from there. And since you are sending it back, i would format the internal memory, settings, storage, erase internal storage. That should delete all files on the internal storage.

As for your other question i haven't returned a device after i unrooted it, but i think you should be alright.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yea, don't worry about it. I have returned phones that have been rooted a couple of times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The only way you're gonna get caught with returning a rooted phone to the warranty dept on any carrier is if the employees are actually doing their job and have a brain/knowledge on Android........ to be blunt, you're fine. Lol lol lol :);):cool::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well performed the fastboot restore, went back in wiped internal storage, tossed it in the return box and away it went. I dont remember seeing an 0/1 or even a 1/1 when i was watching it. The cln razr they sent locks the gps instantly. Anyway thanks to all the posts above for the help you gave me. Time to root the new one!

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
My GPS isn't working on my Razr so I called Verizon and did some trouble shooting and they are sending out a refurb. If I use Matt's utility option 1 do you think I will have a problem with the return since it will read 0/1? Also do I put the phone in ap fast boot then select option 1or select option 1then put the phone in fast boot. Has anyone returned their phone with an 0/1 and been charged for it?
did your phone pass inspection?

rickj832

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Musta, never got a bill for it. I dont think they really even check to be honest. So if you have one that was rooted I wouldnt worry bout sending it in.