Pictures taken with camera show up in gallery but not in file explorer

larissap112

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Help, all of a sudden, all pictures I take with my stock camera not longer are showing up on the SD card, even though I know they are there.

For instance, I take the picture, looking good. I can review the pictures in the camera app itself. If I go to the stock gallery, I can view, beautiful. From the stock apps, I can email or share these pictures.

Now, open up a file explorer app, or connect the phone to my computer, and these pictures do not show up either in the sd card or the on board memory. The last picture available was taken a week ago. All pictures since then show up only in the stock apps, and not in any other method of viewing, moving, or copying them.

I don't know what to do. I've rebooted several times, to no avail. Any ideas??!! Emailing them to use them is really awful and slow and it doesn't keep the original size.

MasterGadgets

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Help, all of a sudden, all pictures I take with my stock camera not longer are showing up on the SD card, even though I know they are there.

For instance, I take the picture, looking good. I can review the pictures in the camera app itself. If I go to the stock gallery, I can view, beautiful. From the stock apps, I can email or share these pictures.

Now, open up a file explorer app, or connect the phone to my computer, and these pictures do not show up either in the sd card or the on board memory. The last picture available was taken a week ago. All pictures since then show up only in the stock apps, and not in any other method of viewing, moving, or copying them.

I don't know what to do. I've rebooted several times, to no avail. Any ideas??!! Emailing them to use them is really awful and slow and it doesn't keep the original size.

Are you looking in the DCIM folders on both the external SD card and Internal phone storage?

Last edited:

larissap112

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking in the DCIM folders on both the external SD card and Internal phone storage?

Yes. I can see the pictures dated 2/24/2013 and before, none taken since then. In addition, when I long-press on a photo in the stock gallery app, and choose to view picture info, it says "no information is available for this picture Unknown location". If I edit the picture using the gallery app, it saves it to the edited album and I can access it there...hmmm....well that's kinda another work around. I still don't know why have to do the song and dance though.

Todd Johnson1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having this exact problem! My problem seems to have started around the 15th of February (last picture taken) but I have taken many pictures since then, and none of them show up in a file explorer! Hmmm, sounds like this may be an android bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech