Razr Stuck on update 4.0.4

natedawg2890

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so I was looking online last night and found out that jelly bean is available for the droid razr? is this true? I have yet to get the update at all.
I went to setting > about phone > update and it says that my device is up to date and there are no updates at this time. I went online and read some threads about other people having this problem and installed an updated version of device manager and tried looking for the update there. I checked to see from the device manager if there were any updates still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, so I was looking online last night and found out that jelly bean is available for the droid razr? is this true? I have yet to get the update at all.
I went to setting > about phone > update and it says that my device is up to date and there are no updates at this time. I went online and read some threads about other people having this problem and installed an updated version of device manager and tried looking for the update there. I checked to see from the device manager if there were any updates still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

It's being rolled out now. They just haven't gotten to you yet.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm pumped for this. Apparently they're getting rid of all the Motobloatware and it's essentially going to be like a Nexus w/ a killer battery. If you're impatient, there's official downloads that you just need to throw on the root of your SD card and boot to it via Recovery. It's very simple. I'm just gonna wait out the OTA. I've been waiting for months for this crap to get here hahaha

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
@Teleburst Do you think if i went into a verizon store that they would be able to upgrade it for me? Or atleast start it?

No, right now it us just a soak test release. Not everyone is going to get it until they know there are no bugs. Then they will roll out the official release. Which will be in the first quarter. So soon it will be release to the masses.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Roll outs are done in phases.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Every time an update is released we get a million of these threads. Wish people would get with it

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any idea how long for all the phases to hit? I still have not gotten the update on my wife's Verizon droid razr.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
No, right now it us just a soak test release. Not everyone is going to get it until they know there are no bugs. Then they will roll out the official release. Which will be in the first quarter. So soon it will be release to the masses.

It is NOT just a soak test release. It's getting rolled out to everyone. I don't get why people don't get this concept. Moto announced the rollout officially on their blog and through twitter. I got mine on Thursday and I'm not part of the soak test. It just takes a week or so for everyone to get it. In fact, they specifically said that if you don't get it by next week, you'll be able to force the update manually. PLUS, someone else mentioned in another thread that perhaps the data problems that VZN had yesterday in the Northeast might be delaying the rollout. But it's being rolled out to EVERYONE, despite the fact that the soak test is going on concurrently.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It is NOT just a soak test release. It's getting rolled out to everyone. I don't get why people don't get this concept. Moto announced the rollout officially on their blog and through twitter. I got mine on Thursday and I'm not part of the soak test. It just takes a week or so for everyone to get it. In fact, they specifically said that if you don't get it by next week, you'll be able to force the update manually. PLUS, someone else mentioned in another thread that perhaps the data problems that VZN had yesterday in the Northeast might be delaying the rollout. But it's being rolled out to EVERYONE, despite the fact that the soak test is going on concurrently.

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know they could be quoted in saying that. Could you like Moto's blog for me?

Thanks!

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, for those who have been impatient, has anyone downloaded the link and did the boot from recovery as described here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/03/0...-16-for-those-on-ice-cream-sandwich-6-16-211/

Just wondering if it's as solid and easy as advertised.

I updated manually, but from the JB leak to the OTA. It went smoothly. Key points: 1) Have a fully charged battery; 2) Check your phone model and build in About Phone to make sure that you flash the right file; 3) Upload over Wi-Fi is best; 4) You must have an SD card installed; 5) Put the downloaded file on your external SD card; 6) If you haven't flashed files before, search for You Tube videos which show the process; 7) Be patient while the phone is installing the zip and then booting into JB: this can take 15-20 minutes. Don't be impatient or panic. Just let the phone do its thing.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Good info. I have rooted and flashed a different phone before so I know a little about the process. My biggest concern would be that if I do attempt to flash it and get an error, how simple would it be to get back to stock? This is something I've never had to do and would prefer to not have to go w/o a phone for the day.

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That's a great point. A bad file could soft brick your phone. If you're updating from the ICS 211 build to JB (or flashing any downloaded zip file), it's a good idea to match the MD5 sum of the file on your SD card with the MD5 sum on the download site. If they don't match, the file has been corrupted. Other than a corrupted file, you shouldn't have any problem flashing it.

T_Hunt95

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
It says that i need a Motorola
service account,then when i hit "setup" i get a
spinning circle for a little while then it says
"this taking to long, we will continue in the background"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members