I don't want a voice reading things aloud!

Kathryn023

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got the OTA for 4.1.2, and the only thing I hate is the VOICE reading my Emails or anything else I select. How can I turn off the VOICE?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your phone somehow went into "Diving Mode". On my S3 I can change that from the notification bar but not sure how on your phone. I would think that your phone supplier can tell you if you can't find the way

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Be sure "Talk back" is not turned on in Settings / Accessibility.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Kathryn023

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Talk back is not enabled. Tomorrow I will go to my local Verizon store and see what they can do.

Kathryn023

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the Verizon store people were not able to help me; I did some more research on the Internet, and found that the problem was in the Light Flow app. I got rid of that, and voila! no more Talkback. (Now I have to find a replacement for Light Flow.)

Kathryn023

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Today I sent an Email to the Light Flow people; I miss having my Light Flow, and hope that they will tweak their app so that it will not trigger the Talk Back feature on my Droid Razr. When and if I hear something, I will post to this thread.

Kathryn023

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Good news! After a few emails with the Light Flow people (they responded very quickly) I found that if I set "enhance web accessibility" to "not allowed", I can have Light Flow and no Talk Back. So that should be all for this issue for me (I hope).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21