Battery Life After JB Upgrade

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
OK the JB upgrade is fantastic. LOVE Google Now and can't wait to have it for an extended period of time. Only beef is my battery time is down about 40%. I used to be able to get through the day w/ moderate use and be on 40-50% when I plug it back in. Now, I'm generally at 20-10% and noticed the Android OS is the main culprit. How can I limit this?? My screen should be the culprit of taking up most battery use and Android OS and System should ideally be under 10%.

Any ideas/suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks!

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It's been reported in the Maxx forum that going into Map settings & disabling Location Reporting makes a significant improvement.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
When I thought things were getting better....not. After dropping 40% in about three hours out on 4g on Fri., it held up to 80% over 10 hours back on wifi on Sat. Sunday, started on wifi, held fine, ran out for an hour...and it literally dropped from 80% to 30%! In about an hour! What gives? Nothing wonky on the stats, and I have turned off the locator on the maps for what that's worth. And rebooted.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When I thought things were getting better....not. After dropping 40% in about three hours out on 4g on Fri., it held up to 80% over 10 hours back on wifi on Sat. Sunday, started on wifi, held fine, ran out for an hour...and it literally dropped from 80% to 30%! In about an hour! What gives? Nothing wonky on the stats, and I have turned off the locator on the maps for what that's worth. And rebooted.

Do you have Google Now running in background? Or slacker radio, maps? Is your wifi radio on but you have no wifi to connect too(like while sleeping)? Chances are something is keeping phone from going into deepsleep, or keeps waking phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's been reported in the Maxx forum that going into Map settings & disabling Location Reporting makes a significant improvement.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Thanks for the heads up. I would've thought this would show up as "Maps" in my battery usage. I may have to give it a shot. While someone suggested it may take time for Google to learn my ways, they could be right. Battery life has improved slightly and the Android OS has decreased in usage as time has gone on. This is my first experience w/ JB so I'm still a little naive.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Thank you. I just turned this off and we'll see what happens.

I've been running JB since the Dec. 24 OTA "leak" and haven't had any battery issues until just this past week. I can't pin point exactly when it began, but I would say Saturday or Sunday battery started dropping fast. Normally, I charge overnight and charge again around lunch time. Yesterday, I got to work and the battery was below 40% and was BURNING UP! Actually, so hot, that the temperature warning was triggered and I turned the phone off.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Thank you again. It looks like we have a winner!

I disabled Location Reporting. My phone has been off the charger for about 4 hours. The battery is 90 degrees and I have 75% left.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084