Have to use pin # to unlock phone

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Got JB on phone a couple weeks ago and FoxFi dont work anymore it was blocked. Yesterday got update for FoxFi and it was for making Razr work again after JB. While doing update a box pops up and wants a pin # so I put one in and now my phone requires the pin to unlock phone to use. Went to VZW and they didnt know how to turn it off, I uninstalled Foxfi and waited and being that didnt work I re installed. Does anyone know how to disable the lock screen, have been in all settings and it's not letting me end it.

rpudner

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an exchange account on the phone, JB will not let you have an exchange account without a pin, pattern or password lock screen :'(

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an exchange account on the phone, JB will not let you have an exchange account without a pin, pattern or password lock screen :'(
Dont know what that is and only happened when I went to activate FoxFi after Jelly Bean install. Got it working now because of Maxman 1 post.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Read the thread "I'm Stumped" in the Maxx forum.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
Thanks Maxman1 I found that thread and did what it said and now it's working again but I found when I want to use FoxFi I have to accept certificates again which will cause phone to have password access again but no big deal after using Foxfi delete credentials again and phone will be back to normal. I only need hotspot about 3 times a year when we go on trips where you have to pay for internet at like $10 a day (Vegas) so doing these few steps is worth it. Thanks again

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Maxman1 I found that thread and did what it said and now it's working again but I found when I want to use FoxFi I have to accept certificates again which will cause phone to have password access again but no big deal after using Foxfi delete credentials again and phone will be back to normal. I only need hotspot about 3 times a year when we go on trips where you have to pay for internet at like $10 a day (Vegas) so doing these few steps is worth it. Thanks again

Are you rooted? If so, there's a way to go into your phone using SQLite and change the "entitlement" setting to 0, which will allow your Hotspot feature to work...meaning, you won't need FoxFi anymore.

ATW,
Chief

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, there's a way to go into your phone using SQLite and change the "entitlement" setting to 0, which will allow your Hotspot feature to work...meaning, you won't need FoxFi anymore.
Not rooted T_Rob don't know how to do that (Big Chicken) to try
ATW,
Chief