The stock texting app is giving me a lot of problems

admjwt

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Since the JB update, i have had nothing but problems with the stock app. When it sends a message it leaves the message as pending. It will never change, even if it is sent and then received by the person, my phone still says that the message it pending. This happens with about 98% of all texts i send throughout the day. The only time that the specific message will say that it was sent and then says that it is received through a delivery report, is if i copy it and then send it again.

Now as i said before it doesnt tell you it sent, but it actually did, thats not always the case. more often then not unless i send that second copy the first one never sends at all, but as soon as the copy is sent. they both send with only the copy saying it sent and the original being left as pending.

Another issue that seems to happen sporadically, and i have no idea how this one happens at all, the message i receive gets switched to saying that i sent it. So basically, if i send a text recieve a text and then go to send another one, some how that one text i received now says that i have sent it. It doesnt send a copy of it, but it shows up on my phone as if it may have. No one has ever questioned me about sending there text back to them, so I'm only assuming that it doesnt send.

Does anyone else have issues similar to this?

admjwt

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that i never previoulsy tried from that list was the clear data and cache option. I just did it. Ill see how it works for the next day. Im hoping that its fixed. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae