Curse word filter still in place... AFTER disabling it!

FoilagedMonkey

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue however without the new phone part. It was working fine yesterday, but lately I've been having an issue with the voice to text deleting things after a short pause in speech. I was using swiftkey and though it was the problem so I uninstalled/reinstalled it and now on top of still having the original issue now I'm also having this issue as well. I've double checked and all of the swear blockers are un-checked, and I've rebooted and tried pulling the battery and sim and still not working correctly.

Edit: Galaxy S2 running 4.0.4 using Nova Launcher (if that makes a difference)

mverta

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue however without the new phone part. It was working fine yesterday, but lately I've been having an issue with the voice to text deleting things after a short pause in speech. I was using swiftkey and though it was the problem so I uninstalled/reinstalled it and now on top of still having the original issue now I'm also having this issue as well. I've double checked and all of the swear blockers are un-checked, and I've rebooted and tried pulling the battery and sim and still not working correctly.

Edit: Galaxy S2 running 4.0.4 using Nova Launcher (if that makes a difference)

I'm on an Incredible 4GLTE, and I've been having these EXACT same two problems suddenly, and recently. I've also been having an issue with my browser homepage refusing to accept a new setting. Something is going on.

_Mike

Michael Clemons

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
It seems like nobody here bothers reading your entire post. obviously you have unchecked the "block offensive words" box I mean you stated that in your original post...anyway don't bother doing a factory reset it is something to do with goog android. My phone has been set up the same dor about 6 months and only recently started censoring my talk to text. I checked that all settings were the same yet it still does it. if your phone isn't rooted you will get software updates automatically. I believethis is part of an update a ****ty one but still.

TobyU

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of months ago. All of a suddenwhen I would speak a text message it would star out profanity. I changed the setting and all was back to normal.
Now just this week it is back to filtering and turning it off does nothing.
SCREW GOOGLE!!!
I WILL NOT HAVE THEM FILTERING MY-MY-MY- YES- MY text messages.

I don't give a rat's asss this it is their voice to text service doing us a favor.....blah blah blah etc.
I will find some other app to use...

I have never owned, or wanted to own an apple prooduct. THIS WILL BE the end of me for android and all of googles other bullcrap...we're so big, we will buy everyone and make the rules. GO to hell google!
Yeah. I'm pissed!

Edit: cause I forgot to mention. Without the ability to speech to text profanity. I will have to type it out. Profanity has a place for me for emphasis many times.
If I have to type it out I will end up texting while driving....it will happen. I will be distracted by having to type out a word etc simply because GOODY-TWO-SHOES google wants to make the world a better place and FORCE their will on us.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Moltres_rider

Banned
Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
should be under settings > voice search > block offensive words. You're welcome! Took me awhile to figure it out too.

have you even read the thread????????????????????????????????????????????????????? That doesn't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read the entire thread before suggesting something that many people tried and doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ktownbloody

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
when i first got my phone i had to disable the block. it worked fine for several months and then bam ! block back on- ive tried everything suggested and its still on. Did you have any luck yet ?

SAVAGE HNYBADGR

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me a couple of months ago. All of a suddenwhen I would speak a text message it would star out profanity. I changed the setting and all was back to normal.
Now just this week it is back to filtering and turning it off does nothing.
SCREW GOOGLE!!!
I WILL NOT HAVE THEM FILTERING MY-MY-MY- YES- MY text messages.

I don't give a rat's asss this it is their voice to text service doing us a favor.....blah blah blah etc.
I will find some other app to use...

I have never owned, or wanted to own an apple prooduct. THIS WILL BE the end of me for android and all of googles other bullcrap...we're so big, we will buy everyone and make the rules. GO to hell google!
Yeah. I'm pissed!

Edit: cause I forgot to mention. Without the ability to speech to text profanity. I will have to type it out. Profanity has a place for me for emphasis many times.
If I have to type it out I will end up texting while driving....it will happen. I will be distracted by having to type out a word etc simply because GOODY-TWO-SHOES google wants to make the world a better place and FORCE their will on us.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

I fixed my galaxy S4 by going into all the settings including the settings for s voice and unchecking the hide profane language and now it curses just like me :)

greyserf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue. Found that you do have to uncheck the "Block Offensive Words" in BOTH the Google Voice Typing Settings as well as the Voice Recognizer sections under Language and input. Once I also removed it from the Voice Recognizer setting, it started allowing curse words.

stircraz1972

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
had the same issue with a warranty replacement phone and I have done the settings disable block offensive words and they're still coming up with this f****** stuff right here
numerous people unblock there Asterix and its just not working now anybody else have any other suggestions

stircraz1972

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank You to whoever had the suggestion about the settings menu AND GOOGLE SEARCH there are two different boxes to uncheck for block offensive words

Cay Roberts

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem, and turning the filter off didn't help.. HOWEVER, I added each word individually under Language & Input > Personal Dictionary..
Worked instantly.
Also got to add a lot of my own creative curses.

Hope this helps!

1cokezero

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I have searched for one hour trying to find the place on this phone to uncheck the offensive texting part. Thank you for your correct answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma