Switched activation to new phone, lost SD on old one

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was shipped a replacement Razr for a warranty exchange. Before, the SD card and USB to computer connection were fine. There were some photos I forgot to move to the SD card before moving it to the new phone and getting it activated. After the activation, I saw them not on the card and went to put it back in the old phone to move them onto the card. Since the activation, the old phone will not mount the SD card, even after numerous reboots. So I tried to connect it to the computer and copy them to the HDD, and then back to the new phone, but the old phone will not connect. The new phone is recognized fine by the computer, so I know this too is an issue with the old phone that literally just happened after the activation was switched.

Shouldn't both functions still have worked on the old phone after being deactivated from the cell network? It was my understanding that an unactive phone would still be fully useable, just not for calls. Obviously a factory reset is out of the question because I would loose the pics I'm trying to save. Any other suggestions? FYI, these were unrelated to the reasons for the warranty exchange, and only happened after the activation of the new phone and deactivation of the old.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Most laptops have a SD card reader that will read the card directly. You'll need to put the micro SD card in an adapter that should have come with the micro SD card.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Most laptops have a SD card reader that will read the card directly. You'll need to put the micro SD card in an adapter that should have come with the micro SD card.

Re-read the original post. The pics are on the phone and unable to mount the card to even get them on there.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It boots fine. Nothing Bluetooth enabled other than headsets unless there is a way to go from phone to phone? And on a related note, wifi isn't an option either thanks to Moto breaking that functionality with the JB update.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I might play with that in the future. I was out doing errands and the new one latched onto a wifi hotspot, so I grabbed the old one and did a quick email to myself to get the pics. So at least it's done. Though considering this is round 3 with refurbished phones, this may not be the last time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol