SMS messages send but icon remains for sending

Pattersonca1

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is posted somewhere else but I can't find anything about it. I have a RAZR on 4.1.2. I originally had GO for my SMS app and I was having a lot of SMS messages show the "Sending" icon next to the messages. Most of the time these messages would send but occasionally they would fail; there was no way to know other than receiving a response from the person I was texting at the time. It seems somewhat random...sometimes the icon will disappear once I send a subsequent message, sometimes it won't. Generally when that happens the new message I am sending shows the icon until yet another message is sent. Sometimes the new message shows sent and the old message still shows in a sending state. It also doesn't seem to matter the carrier or phone type. I'm on Verizon, I've seen this on AT&T and Verizon. I've seen it texting dumb phones, Droids and iPhones.

I've tried a handful of things to resolve this...
Restarting the phone...

Used various SMS apps:
Chomp
Handcent

Tried deleting a ton of old text messages and then setting a 200 message limit per user.

Finally I got sick of all of this and reset my phone to factory settings today and it is exhibiting the same exact behavior. This is getting to be very frustrating, so if anyone has any clues, I'd love to hear it. I will say that I am sending more texts than usual lately, but it's not like I am sending a second message before the first message has been sent.

That_CrazyChild

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
My phone is doing this too! I have the app advanced task killer and when I stop all of my apps it seems to work for a lil bit or when I turn off my WiFi. But a lil while afterwards it starts back up again..

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I'm currently having this issue with my Bionic and have been of and on for months. I'm kinda thinking maybe it's something like the carrier not sending a confirmation to the phone that it received the outgoing text. Not sure exactly how that communication is handled, but would make sense if it's something to that effect.