What are the risks?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had to play the lovely refurbish roulette warranty game with my Razr, and the one we just got seemed to have an already weak battery. Well it now randomly shows the charge dropping to zero instantly if not plugged in, regardless of charge level, and gets almost too hot to touch. Obviously this one is now going back, but what are the dangers with using the current one while waiting for the next chance phone? I know it isn't good to use it, but don't have much choice and haven't dealt with this before.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Overheating may cause the battery to explode. I am advising you as a caring human being against using the faulty device. Go buy a $20 prepaid phone to use until your replacement comes in.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would be willing to bet that one or more of the cells inside the battery is damaged. That would cause the instant loss in charge. Or perhaps the battery contacts in the inside of the device are worn or damaged.

It would be quite dangerous to use while overheated and the above mentioned may happen. What are you doing when the overheating issue occurs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's my fianc?'s phone, so I don't know about every time, but I know it's been during light use if anything, and only if not plugged in. We did go ahead and order a replacement, and getting an S3 instead. Gotta love playing refurbish roulette with warranty claims. This Razr was the second exchange already, so maybe Samsung has a better refurb program. Tried for something factory new, but no dice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital