headphone jack to computer line in/microphone problem

Moltres_rider

Banned
Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I experience issues using a 3.5mm male to male cable connecting it from the phone's headphone jack into my laptop's microphone/line in jack!!! the phone doesn't always recognize that headphones are plugged in!!! I have to switch between line in and microphone in control panel on my computer a bunch of times before my phone recognizes the cable!!! it's not the computer's fault because microphones and other devices don't do this and on the phone there isn't a headphone icon!!! I need to do this because I use people's voices and singing for music productions this way when they are way out of state, I also record things from my Pok?mon app that the Android voice speaks...

can anybody help me get this working without going though all this trouble???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any problems with using actual headphones on the Razr as well? If so, make sure there isn't any lint or other debris in the phone's headphone jack. Use a damp toothpick to root around, or use a bottle of compressed air to blow it out.

If that doesn't work, compare the male-male plug head carefully with the plug from any headphone that you're certain works on y our phone. There can be some subtle differences in the contacts on plugs--some older plugs might not be compatible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888