I would like to hit "Clear Data" BUT, I do not know the pros and cons.

Bill Koe

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx and I am getting tight on storage. When I go to storage and then to apps I see my Email is sucking up 1.95GB

Will this effect my regular email? (I have a godaddy and gmail account going to my phone)
Will I lose contact information?
Do I need to re do the entire email setup?
If I redo the entire email setup, will it just plug again or start fresh?

I am really nervous about this and appreciate your help.

Thanks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx and I am getting tight on storage. When I go to storage and then to apps I see my Email is sucking up 1.95GB

Will this effect my regular email? (I have a godaddy and gmail account going to my phone)
Will I lose contact information?
Do I need to re do the entire email setup?
If I redo the entire email setup, will it just plug again or start fresh?

I am really nervous about this and appreciate your help.

Thanks

Are you trying to clear the cache for the apps? That won't delete any user data or information.
If it's actual app data, I'm not sure why the e-mail app would be taking up so much space. It shouldn't take up more than a few MB.

Posted via Android Central App

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Go into your email settings and look at how many days it is set to download. I think the default is 30 days. I set mine to two weeks. That will keep the email on the Google account online fine, but limit the amount on your device to a lot less.

Bill Koe

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I cleared the data and got all the space back.

BUT, I had to reconfigure my mail settings all over again. Support was not sure how to do one box, so I will have to stop in.

I downloaded the Godady email app and other than losing the notice of new email coming in, it works great without saving all the email on the phone.