is Motorola going to come out with new Extended battery with more mAh and Case or use the current BH6X and just repaint the back door to match with the case?
    06-01-2011 08:34 PM
    Seidioonline.com has 2 extended capacity batteries. The 1750mAh uses the existing phone back and the 2600mAh comes with a new phone back. Motorola is using the same extended capacity battery from the original Droid X for now.
    06-05-2011 06:47 PM
    Even though the phone is the same shape as the DX, there are considerable changes to the core of the device. Specifically the dual cores. Could anyone with experience using the extended battery on the DX2 give us some information on the following:

1) How long does the battery last?
    2) What is your average usage? Light, Medium, Heavy?
    3) Do you have pictures of the phone with the battery.
    4) With the addition of the Gorilla Glass, do you still need a screen protector?

Thanks in advance.
    06-08-2011 01:44 PM
    I just ordered the Extended Motorola battery from the Android Central store. They say the battery is 1800 mAh. The Verizon site lists the same battery, but says it is a 1930 mAh battery.

Which one is correct?

PS - The Android Central battery does not come with the replacement door. There is no mention on the AC store that this battery requires a replacement door. Fortunately, I was able to order one from VZW for less than $4, with free FedEx shipping.
    06-09-2011 10:01 AM
    The BH6X Motorola Extended Battery is 1880/1930 mAh, this is an estimated range and not an exact capacity. This battery does require the use of a new door. Just order the battery from Amazon or Verizon and you will get it with the new door.

There will be people that will tell you that it will work just fine with the original door, but don’t listen. The chance you will even be able to get the original door onto the BH6X is about 10%, then the chance of it not effecting the display is about 1%. So it MIGHT work, but don’t count on it, not unless you want to see colored swirls in your screen and you want your phone to shut down because of over heating.

Just go to the Droid X forum and search for this stuff, we have talked about it immensely over there.

As for what batteries are out there and which ones are good, I suggest the BH6X from Motorola.
    Amazon.com: Motorola Droid X MB810 OEM Extended 1800 mAh Battery BH6X with OEM Door SJHN0449A: Cell Phones & Accessories

The Seidio ones that have been mentioned, have somewhat decent reviews, the back on the big Seidio is ugly as hell.
    seidioonline.com

There is one from Gorilla Gadgets that is of a much better design.
    Motorola Droid X 3500 mAh extended life battery

And then there is the Trident Electra Case! 3500mAh battery built right into a case that is like the Kraken series, all for $70.
    Motorola Cell Phone Cases, Motorola Droid X Case
    07-30-2011 04:58 AM
    I'm getting all sorts of results when I Google for this. Can someone give me a link straight to an actual Motorola extended battery for the Droid X2 with cover?
    09-20-2011 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD