Batteries & Accessories

jrmuller

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
K.. anyone have issue with the GPS causing the battery to drain faster than it can charge? Will all 3 GPS options enabled, I've had this happen twice.. wireless networks, satellites, and Assisted cellphone tower GPS. I shut off the wireless networks and cellphone options and seems to have resolved it..

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
the iPhone has this battery pack that is pretty thin and doubles the life of the charge. I would love for Seidio to make an extended back that fills up the void created by the camera housing, making the entire back of the DX a flat, smooth back. that oughta make for a pretty decenty battery life, though who knows what the weight would go up to.

Jenag

Jul 12, 2010
www.jenagblog.com
the iPhone has this battery pack that is pretty thin and doubles the life of the charge. I would love for Seidio to make an extended back that fills up the void created by the camera housing, making the entire back of the DX a flat, smooth back. that oughta make for a pretty decenty battery life, though who knows what the weight would go up to.

But the battery doesn't take up the whole back, so you would just end up with an extended hump on the back that is like half the backside of the phone.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone any experience with one of these?

Motorola Droid X AAA Battery Extender

Seems they'd be good in a power outage situation.

I've used one for my WinMo phone (Samsung Saga). It worked and was very nice in a pinch, since you can get regular AA's pretty much anywhere.

The downside may be -- don't know enough about battery tech to say if this is my immigration -- that when the AA's run low, it may hurt the battery. Now batteries degrade over time with normal use, so hard to say, but mine degraded faster than I remember on previous phones (I man over the 1.5 years I've have the phone and ocasionaly used the AA charger).

Rachus

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Full charge before activation? I've not bought a phone for about 6 years -- think the Li-Ion battery have enough power to allow activation? I've read these types don't need conditioning to maximize their performance, activate while charging not a good idea?

JustJerry#AC

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Full charge before activation? I've not bought a phone for about 6 years -- think the Li-Ion battery have enough power to allow activation? I've read these types don't need conditioning to maximize their performance, activate while charging not a good idea?

Yeah, good questions. How long should I charge it before playing with it? Also I have a few Moto Razr chargers, will they work too?

typo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
the droid-x measurement for thickness is that the fatter part or the thinest part since it has that hump at the top?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
K.. anyone have issue with the GPS causing the battery to drain faster than it can charge? Will all 3 GPS options enabled, I've had this happen twice.. wireless networks, satellites, and Assisted cellphone tower GPS. I shut off the wireless networks and cellphone options and seems to have resolved it..

I would love to know if this is true of the Droid X... I have a blackberry (go ahead, throw tomatoes) and it will run for days with the GPS enabled, I even use latitude to do location tracking where it updates every 2-5 minutes and it doesn't seem to have any negative impact on the battery. If the Droid X will die in half a day just from GPS usage, I would be disappointed to say the least.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably pick up an extra battery. With my droid I picked up an extra 2 and one of those external battery chargers and it's great to be able to swap on those phone heavy days. I'll probably just repeat that for the dx. Although I also have a callpod so who knows maybe I'll just use that more.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site