ZAGG invisibleSHIELD Discussion

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just applied the dreaded "wet" Invisible Shield brand to my wife's DInc. If you're super paranoid about the liquid seeping, try this:

-Wear *NON POWDERED* latex exam gloves. These will help prevent fingerprints as your handle the device and the protector. The instructions say to wash your hands, but I prefer the added protection of the gloves.
-Apply the spray to the protector as instructed (both sides!).
-Position the protector.
-Once positioned, hold a dry microfiber cloth at the edge of the protector.
-Squeegee in the direction of the microfiber cloth. Reposition and repeat around the device, sopping up excess moisture with the cloth before it has a chance to find its way into the cracks and crevices of your phone.

I tried this method first with my boss's iPad and perfected it on my wife's DInc. After a day or two all the tiny bubbles work their way out and the protector is barely noticeable. I'll be using an Invisible Shield screen protector on my DX. They're a little bit more pricey than other offerings, but from my experience they are well worth the extra few bucks.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Check out my sig how I install the IS...They protect the device a lot better than the verizon ones....

Ive seen videos on the IS and it looks like it's textured.....:confused: does it still have the same look and feel as sliding your finger across perfectly smooth glass. I've never been a fan of scrren protectors, but I may try it on the DX.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would think so. The IS is basically a thin layer of plastic you put over some or all of the phone. I prefer using their screen protectors in conjunction with a case. On the DInc I ordered a Seidio Innocase II Surface and the combination of the two is providing excellent coverage. I have no experience trying to put a case over a full coverage IS application, but seeing as it is so thin, I don't see an issue with layering up and using it as a final barrier of protection.

tobearms

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Will the Invisible Shield work even if you want to put a case on to?

Yes, it still works with any type of case or skin. These shields are absolutely amazing. I have used them on the last five phones I have owned and they keep the screen in mint condition. It does not affect the smooth movement of your finger across a touch screen whatsoever, in my experience. And a minimal amount of water is required for successful installation.

This invisible shield is apparently made of the same stuff they used to put on the blades of military helicopters to protect them from various nicks and scrapes. I dig it.

Already pre-ordered one for the X. No brainer.

bigkbull

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had an IS on my Storm 1 (yea yea I know, ugh) since almost day one, which was launch date. I got the full body coverage skin. I must say, it's protected the phone very well, but within a couple of weeks I did notice that the edges near curved parts of the phone were coming up juuuuust a hair and dust would accumulate there. I got kinda used to it and it wasn't actually until about 3 weeks ago that I finally had enough and took the two pieces off that covered the curved sides of the Storm. The screen portion of it, however, has been a totally different story. Not even a hint at peeling up. It's been phenomenal. I have already pre-ordered one for the X but stuck with just the screen. Zagg's products are top notch in my book. ::thumbs up::

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Motorola Droid X Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Pre-order your Invisible Shield now... and buy the way you do get warranty replacements for these so when it starts to peel at the edges of the corners you can get a replacement...
There is also the option to just get the front and back without the sides but that is the same price as the full protection...
The only bad part is that it will not ship until a couple of days after the X is released...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The IS's will peel at the corners if you don't get the case, etc. over top of the edges of the screen protector. I love them. They will give you the orange peel effect on the non screen portions, so I only use screen protection and don't notice a difference in phone usage.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Nah....sticking with my incredible.

Brother had the option to get the X and decided to wait it out and he got the Inc on friday. Hasn't stopped playing with it. He said the X was way too big and the resolution was slightly different.

scramblerider5

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it still works with any type of case or skin. These shields are absolutely amazing. I have used them on the last five phones I have owned and they keep the screen in mint condition. It does not affect the smooth movement of your finger across a touch screen whatsoever, in my experience. And a minimal amount of water is required for successful installation.

This invisible shield is apparently made of the same stuff they used to put on the blades of military helicopters to protect them from various nicks and scrapes. I dig it.

Already pre-ordered one for the X. No brainer.

Would this work even with the full body coverage?

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Would this work even with the full body coverage?

It actually would with most cases, but I don't see the need to buy full body coverage if you're going to use a case. From a practical perspective, it's really a waste of money unless you're really OCD about keeping your phone in mint condition.

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I will be rolling with the InvisiShield by Zagg. They are taking Pre-orders for the DX online.

I am ususing on my iPad and love it. I was nervous about wet application myself, but just work slowly and it is a piece of cake.

I would highly recommend spending the few extra bucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007