Steinheil Screen Protector Discussion

VDoubleUVR6

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I like Steinheil from SGPStore.com | iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4G, iPhone 4.0, iPhone 4 Case, iPod Case, Pouches, Protector Film, Camera, Laptop Skin, Metal Skin

I applied one on a coworkers HTC Incredible in the office...its a dry application and it comes with two protectors. When I first applied it two specs of dust got underneath but its easy to lift the area where the dust is and remove the dust. It then reapplies itself just as easy.

Just ordered the crystal clear for both my X and my wifes Incredible for when they arrive.

Oh and your finger slides easily and smooth over the surface of the protector...not like the invisible shield from zagg which kind of has a tacky like feeling.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-x-accessories/25345-steinheil-screen-protector-

saw this video for the SPG YouTube - sgp antifinger print shields install for the motorola droid X
and the guy says "border to border coverage"
then at the end, he says, you'll end up with a little strip at the bottom, but that is no big deal..
well to me that isn't "border to border" coverage.
again, that is 97/98% covered

are there any that are 100% true border to border, or am i just going to have to deal with them all being short?

I'm not trying to be picky about a fraction of a spec in the corner or anything.
but a strip at the top or bottom isn't 100% covered IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal rocks

Got my SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal shield for my wife's and my X's today.

Holy crap they are NICE. Super easy to put on - static cling application - no water - probably about 99.9% screen coverage (just a tiny - maybe 1mm strip on the top or bottom depending on how you position it - and less than 1mm on either side)

Unless you look very close you cannot tell there's even anything on. My wife was shocked at how good her screen looked after ditching the crappy VZW anti-glare protectors for these (I knew how crappy it looked but accepted it as a necessary evil until Steinheil got my shipment to me).

150% 2 thumbs up all the way. Well worth the $13.99 for 2 price tag. Ordered via Priority Mail and it came in 1 day.

SGP Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X [Verizon]

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually surprised how great the crystal Steinheil is for not showing fingerprints. I had the anti glare iphone screen protectors on our iphones and expected a lot of smudges with the crystals on our X's and there really aren't any.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually surprised how great the crystal Steinheil is for not showing fingerprints. I had the anti glare iphone screen protectors on our iphones and expected a lot of smudges with the crystals on our X's and there really aren't any.

Hey BillK,

Can you post a pic of your DX with the Steinheil on it? I just want to see (and I am sure others too) how it looks :D

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Coming up! I'm trying to handhold my Nikon D50 here and I'm not 100% how they're going to look - but I'll try. I don't really want to go dig out my bigass tripod and remote - but I will if they look like crap. My basement is kinda dark. Uploading now...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok here they are - now that I look at them though - I am noticing a few dust specs when the screen is off that must have got under when I applied it - I'll probably order another pack and redo mine 'cos I know they'll drive me crazy knowing they're there - shoulda done it in the bathroom after running a hot shower for a while. The pictures are a bit deceiving - the phone really truly does look like there's nothing on it (other than the tiny gap at the top).

945223512_tqtfV-L.jpg

You can see a few dust specs that must have got under the protector when I put it on - it's honestly not nearly as noticeable in person than in the pic.
945224175_5so9k-L.jpg

Here you can see the tiny gap across the top of the screen where the Steinheil doesn't quite cover. On my wife's phone I put the gap more down at the bottom by the hard buttons and it turned out nicer. I knew I shoulda experimented on her's first!
945222790_9XMHG-L.jpg

Last edited:

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok here they are - now that I look at them though - I am noticing a few dust specs when the screen is off that must have got under when I applied it - I'll probably order another pack and redo mine 'cos I know they'll drive me crazy knowing they're there - shoulda done it in the bathroom after running a hot shower for a while. The pictures are a bit deceiving - the phone really truly does look like there's nothing on it (other than the tiny gap at the top).

945223512_tqtfV-L.jpg

You can see a few dust specs that must have got under the protector when I put it on - it's honestly not nearly as noticeable in person than in the pic.
945224175_5so9k-L.jpg

Here you can see the tiny gap across the top of the screen where the Steinheil doesn't quite cover. On my wife's phone I put the gap more down at the bottom by the hard buttons and it turned out nicer. I knew I shoulda experimented on her's first!
945222790_9XMHG-L.jpg

Thanks a lot, BillK...looks really good. I am glad I bought the Steinheil. Now it is just a waiting game for me...and hopefully, I get it soon!

BTW, you and my hubby have the same exact keyboard...lol.....

Last edited:

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just installed an SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Film. I do like it better than the Verizon film I previously had. It does not retain finger prints. At all.

It does cover more of the glass, but still not 100%. This frustrates me a little. Why bother with custom fit, if you're not gonna cover the whole piece of glass.

It feels smoother than Verizon. My finger brushes along with no hangups and no sticky spot. But it does affect clarity of the screen. It's worse than the Verizon I think as far as clarity. Everything looks hazy now. With the Verizon film it was mostly the whites, but now grays also haze up.

I'm less than satisfied. The fit really bugs me. I will try something else.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I just installed an SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint Film. I do like it better than the Verizon film I previously had. It does not retain finger prints. At all.

It does cover more of the glass, but still not 100%. This frustrates me a little. Why bother with custom fit, if you're not gonna cover the whole piece of glass.

It feels smoother than Verizon. My finger brushes along with no hangups and no sticky spot. But it does affect clarity of the screen. It's worse than the Verizon I think as far as clarity. Everything looks hazy now. With the Verizon film it was mostly the whites, but now grays also haze up.

You should try the SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal...I think BillK has some pictures posted here. I dont have my DX and Steinheil yet but as far as I can tell from what BillK posted, it looks very clear compare to the other ones I have seen...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

I ordered both the crystal and anti glare. I put the crystal on and the anti glare showed up in my mail the next day. After looking at the anti glare I concur - they're going back. Way too much distortion. Try the crystal ones - they rock.

Chewie18

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Need some help. I can not seem to make up my mind on a screen protector so I still have the original piece on there. From what everyone is saying it seems like the two best are the Zagg IS and the Steinheil. And then within the Steinheil there is the Ultra Crystal and the Anti-Fingerprint one.

Any suggestions? Which is better? Which is easier to install?

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Need some help. I can not seem to make up my mind on a screen protector so I still have the original piece on there. From what everyone is saying it seems like the two best are the Zagg IS and the Steinheil. And then within the Steinheil there is the Ultra Crystal and the Anti-Fingerprint one.

Any suggestions? Which is better? Which is easier to install?

I am in the same boat. Interested on the replies.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Interested on the replies.

Go with the Steinheil Ultra clear its the best one. The Invisishield is tacky to the touch and looks HORRIBLE with its orange peel effect.. Do not ruin the fabulous screen with a tacky nasty orange peel protector...

Syco54645

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal shield for my wife's and my X's today.

Holy crap they are NICE. Super easy to put on - static cling application - no water - probably about 99.9% screen coverage (just a tiny - maybe 1mm strip on the top or bottom depending on how you position it - and less than 1mm on either side)

Unless you look very close you cannot tell there's even anything on. My wife was shocked at how good her screen looked after ditching the crappy VZW anti-glare protectors for these (I knew how crappy it looked but accepted it as a necessary evil until Steinheil got my shipment to me).

150% 2 thumbs up all the way. Well worth the $13.99 for 2 price tag. Ordered via Priority Mail and it came in 1 day.

SGP Steinheil ULTRA CRYSTAL Screen Protector for MOTOROLA Droid X [Verizon]

Mine is lifting around the edges and the company will not respond to my emails...