Steinheil Screen Protector Discussion

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have emailed SGP a few days ago with my concerns about the not quite so complete coverage on my AF shields as well as the haziness, but no response.

I went ahead and ordered a set of crystals today.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with the crystal clear shields I got from SGP. The only thing I am not too fond of is the overall customer service. They are slow to ship and do not respond to emails.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
oh, it is being retired as a matter of fact...i am just trying to transfer all my appointment to my DX....
Good job! When my wife and I made the switch from our iPhones to the X's we had some issues getting our shared Google Calendar to sync between the phones and it took some tinkering to get it right. With the iPhone it was just 1 calendar to share and each phone connected and shared it fine. With the Droids - the "only" Google calendar your Droid uses is the one tied to your specific gmail account (so neither of our X's would update that 3rd shared calendar). Eventually I figured out I had to share our original shared calendar via logging into it and sharing it with each of our gmail addresses on each X (to get all THAT stuff into each of our individual calendars on each X) and now we're cooking. It was a scary couple of days for me 'cos the wife was having a fit that our working/shared calendar was all fubar'd and she was wanting to just go back to the iPhones -but it's all good now. whew! :eek:

TaylorsCock

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine off ebay

I am very happy with the crystal clear shields I got from SGP. The only thing I am not too fond of is the overall customer service. They are slow to ship and do not respond to emails.

I ordered mine off ebay. Same price, less shipping. Shipped from CA to SC in just 2 days. VERY impressed!

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine off ebay. Same price, less shipping. Shipped from CA to SC in just 2 days. VERY impressed!

I did the exact same thing.
I didn't order from thier web site because they asked for a phone number and i didn't think they needed that info. so i got it from ebay where i didn't have to give that..
got mine in 2-3 days and with less shipping.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Good job! When my wife and I made the switch from our iPhones to the X's we had some issues getting our shared Google Calendar to sync between the phones and it took some tinkering to get it right. With the iPhone it was just 1 calendar to share and each phone connected and shared it fine. With the Droids - the "only" Google calendar your Droid uses is the one tied to your specific gmail account (so neither of our X's would update that 3rd shared calendar). Eventually I figured out I had to share our original shared calendar via logging into it and sharing it with each of our gmail addresses on each X (to get all THAT stuff into each of our individual calendars on each X) and now we're cooking. It was a scary couple of days for me 'cos the wife was having a fit that our working/shared calendar was all fubar'd and she was wanting to just go back to the iPhones -but it's all good now. whew! :eek:

Well i am glad everything worked out with your calendar...i am still tinkering around with the DX. I finally shaved off the nub on my car dock to make it fit with the case...its not smoothed out yet but it works. And i was finally able to test out the navigation on this bad boy...and i tell you it works wonderful.

But anyway, i want to thank you for recommending the Steinheil. I just love it. I didn't know about this company until i stumbled upon your post.

carver_inc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Holy freaking crap!! Ordered the crystal clear screen protector after reading this thread. I always knew that crappy verizon film was grainy, but I didn't fully realize just how bad until I put this one on.

Thanks for recommending, and Steinheil will be the place I go for future phones.

*as for shipping* - ordered mine Monday night, shipped Tuesday morning, got Friday.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After reading through this thread, you guys might have just convinced me to get a Steinheil Crystal Clear if I have any problems with the ZAGG that I've had installed since day 1.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Quality and ease of install is phenomenal with the Steinheil stuff. Just stay away from the anti-fingerprint. I don't think many would be happy with them.

Darian

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Steinheil Crystal Clear protector earlier this week on ebay and it's one of the best screen protectors I've purchased, I love how clear it is on the screen and how smooth it is to the touch.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the full body protector from SGP and I got it today. Ordered tuesday so pretty fast for the USPS. Install was no prob, dry install for screen wet for the rest. I am super anal so I took my time and no dust or cat hair! I like the feel of it a smidge rubbery so I think I will be able to keep a good grip on it. Does anyone who has used the body protector know, can you put a skin over the top? I ordered onethat I think would be ok, the pieces should match exactly.

Last edited:

tyrok3k

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My crystal came in yesterday and its pretty great. Its so clear and feels so good that you wouldn't even know it was there if it covered the entire glass. I started off with a Zagg Shield and hated it because it killed the feel of the screen.

impostor71

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
It's been a week and I still haven't gotten my SGP Crystal in yet. Most likely the crappy USPS service here in my area. I emailed SGP last nite hoping they can do something for me. Otherwise, money down the drain.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the anti finger print ones and picked regular mail. Two days later I ordered the crystal and picked priority mail. The crystal came in 2 days and beat the anti finger print here by one day. The anti finger print are on their way back for a refund.

I don't blame SGP for the crappy mail service.

I'm in PA btw. I do agree that their email responses leave a lot to be desired though.

Last edited: