What type of Verizon case is everyone going to use?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a shell/holster combo from Verizon. I plan to get a charging station, and the rep recommended it as a relatively easy removal for switching to the station. Seems like it will provide some protection, and has a reasonably tactile, but not sticky feel. Should arrive tomorrow.

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have silicone now and a leather wrap snap on with built in kickstand coming....there is a sticky thread above that discusses cases fyi...

zachflauaus

Jul 8, 2010
twitter.com
I ordered a shell/holster combo from Verizon. I plan to get a charging station, and the rep recommended it as a relatively easy removal for switching to the station. Seems like it will provide some protection, and has a reasonably tactile, but not sticky feel. Should arrive tomorrow.

I got the shell/holster combo as well and I love it. It's similar to the Casemate Barely There case which is what I had with my BlackBerry and it is good to use. I don't use the holster but the shell has a good grip and texture to it. Unfortunately I can't get it into the desktop charger but I haven't tried very hard.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally I went with the hip holster and anti glare protectors. Very impressed with the holster - it has a professional look to it, and it allows good protection while still allowing docking. The screen protectors I am not so impressed with, as they are not fitted for the entire screen but just where the business is.

otkeeper

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i just ordered the verizon black silicone case to hold me over till my invisible shield and or better options from the other 3rd party makers.

BWD

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
While I was in the store I got the screen protectors (had them install one) and got the Carbon Fiber Snap-On Hard Case. I like it!

peargirl

Jul 16, 2010
www.peargirly.com
I bought Verizon's silicone case in purple.

I really want a case-mate Gelli case and may still get one if they ever come out. I had one for my tour and loved it.

I do like the case I have though.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm not a fan of cases, but when i was at the vzw store picking up the phone yesterday they had a carbon fiber snap on case that was pretty tempting.

but i like my thin phones to stay thin...

focus791

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the shell/holster combo as well and I love it. It's similar to the Casemate Barely There case which is what I had with my BlackBerry and it is good to use. I don't use the holster but the shell has a good grip and texture to it. Unfortunately I can't get it into the desktop charger but I haven't tried very hard.

Only think I don't like about the shell is that it has no top portion covering the corners. That makes me a little worried in the event of a fall...I may switch to the Seidio case when it comes out. The Seidios are also easier to get out of the holster.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try the case with kickstand? how is that one?
I
The body glove case with the clip doubles as a decent kickstand.

Not a bad case at all, but i still want an otterbox.

And PLEASE - someone make a case that will fit an extended battery when it comes out.

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought both the silicone and carbon fiber cases - have been using the silicone one - the two-piece is just too bulky, so I think I will return it and get the holster.

For those wondering, using either the VZW car or home dock requires you to remove any of the VZW cases. That said, the silicone case is a very easy on/easy off case, so I haven't been bothered with taking it off for either dock.

Personally, I like the silicone case - it doesn't really add much to the size of the phone and, like a previous poster, doesn't snag in your pocket.

Hope that helps some...

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Looking past the Bulkiness, The BodyGlove does wonders for my X....I just love the feel and sense of a softer impact in the event I am to drop my phone....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney