Skin case with leather holster?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
By skin case do you mean like a ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD or do you mean like a silicone case? Because I have the leather holster but my X is naked so it fits fine but I gotta tell ya, it is pretty snug so I highly doubt that a silicone case would fit in there.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a pretty high quality, stiff holster so I don't even see it stretching out in order to fit a silicone case. If you're near a VZW store, maybe head in there and ask them if they'll try to fit one of their display models in a silicone case on it into the holster. They probably won't but you never know.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a silicone case on mine (the shiny plastic looking one) and it fits the leather case i bought at verizon since the case can stretch on the sides. It accomodates it wonderfully. Not too snug inside where it is choking the phone but just enough snugness that the phone will not fall off of it.

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a silicone case on mine (the shiny plastic looking one) and it fits the leather case i bought at verizon since the case can stretch on the sides. It accomodates it wonderfully. Not too snug inside where it is choking the phone but just enough snugness that the phone will not fall off of it.

Thanks! This is good to know. I'm sure a lot of people have or will have this same question.

BTW, I agree, it is a pretty quality holster and I love mine as well.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
although i don't really wear it around my waist on a belt or anything. i attach it to my purse just to prevent dusts or whatever else i have inside my purse from getting into my phone (even though i have the silicone case and a screen protector)...I am OCD like that...lol....

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
although i don't really wear it around my waist on a belt or anything. i attach it to my purse just to prevent dusts or whatever else i have inside my purse from getting into my phone (even though i have the silicone case and a screen protector)...I am OCD like that...lol....

In that case, I'll recommend to you what alphanu22 recommended to me. He suggested an Oakley sunglasses microfiber bag. The X fits in there great and I use it for when I'm wearing sweatpants or basketball shorts.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
In that case, I'll recommend to you what alphanu22 recommended to me. He suggested an Oakley sunglasses microfiber bag. The X fits in there great and I use it for when I'm wearing sweatpants or basketball shorts.

I might just do that. But for the mean time, this will do.

soundman

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried any of the many holsters available on Ebay. I'm sure that the VZ one is very nice, but I'm much happier spending 1/3 the dough if it will still fit the X with a skin. Also, are you all using silicone skins or the 2 part plastic ones?

Thanks much