I got myself a spare battery from Verizon today but, they didn't have a charger to stick the battery into by itself. I think it's kind of silly to have to use the phone to charge 2 batteries.

I've tried Amazon, Motorola, Verizon, & Best Buy. Do they even make the darn things? If not, Why?
    07-30-2010 06:06 PM
    Theres some really cheap ones on ebay, like $15. They come with batteries, but honestly its risky putting such cheap materials in.
    07-30-2010 06:08 PM
    Theres some really cheap ones on ebay, like $15. They come with batteries, but honestly its risky putting such cheap materials in.
    Yeah, and how would you know it would even fit? If Verizon and Moto don't have them I wonder where people from ebay got them.
    07-30-2010 06:10 PM
    07-30-2010 06:11 PM
    Still a little leery about Ebay. Why so cheap? I just spent $39 at Verizon. Where are they getting them from?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but, I'd hate to find out the hard way that the voltage wasn't correct and fry my phone.
    07-30-2010 06:20 PM
    Still a little leery about Ebay. Why so cheap? I just spent $39 at Verizon. Where are they getting them from?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but, I'd hate to find out the hard way that the voltage wasn't correct and fry my phone.
    I'm also a little leery about some of these cheap aftermarket accessories.

I don't have my charger with me at work to compare but here are the specifications for that charger that was on eBay.

Input : AC 110-240V 50/60Hz.
    Output : DC 4.2V0.5V 350mA50mA.
    Output : USB 5.0V0.2V 800mA50mA.

★ Easy to charge your battery without the phone.
    ★ Built-in protection circuit prevents overcharging and heats.
    ★ LED Charge indicator.
    ★ Charge from a USB port or power outlet.
    ★ Can charge two batteries at the same time.
    ★ CE and CCC certification.

Suitable For:
    ★ Motorola Droid X MB810 BH5X
    07-30-2010 06:41 PM
    Yea it is a bit sketch...you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true...
    07-30-2010 08:51 PM
    can some merge this in the accesory subforum.. there is question are being asked. but any way i think im going to buy one. tired of waiting for seido to make one.
    07-30-2010 09:53 PM
    I don't think you're being paranoid at all. I would seriously question anyone that's selling 2 batteries and a charger for $12.

The output mAh of the stock charger is 850. The output for the charger plate on eBay is 350, so it would take a lot longer to charge the battery. The USB output is listed as 800, but why would you use that? The whole point of the charger is to have a dedicated charger plate - or whatever you want to call it.

I bought something similar from Fommy (Amzer brand) when I had the Droid Incredible and ended up flushing $25 down the toilet.

I would keep your eye out for an OEM version. The Seidio BOC isn't bad either. They just need to come out with a plate that fits it.
    07-30-2010 11:12 PM
    I agree. I think I'll wait it out.
    07-31-2010 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD