Do any body protectors work with docks?

Scuzzelbutt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the bulky Verizon case, but what if I want to use the desk or car dock? Are any skins or snap on cases thin enough to work in the docks?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the bulky Verizon case, but what if I want to use the desk or car dock? Are any skins or snap on cases thin enough to work in the docks?

Only with some modification of dock. Usually you will have to remove second shelf on car dock and file the little tab off the right corner area where phone goes and the desktop can work with a bit of shaping of dock area with a file but desktop takes a bit more work.. Now as for any that will work out of the box, there is no way at this time without these mods.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I got the verizon gps mount. It has a piece you remove to fit in a case. Might work with the verizon case. Funny thing is when you take off the extra piece to fit a case writing on the inside says for use with the droid shadow. X's code name and they never changed it.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

booyahsaki

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I got the verizon gps mount. It has a piece you remove to fit in a case. Might work with the verizon case. Funny thing is when you take off the extra piece to fit a case writing on the inside says for use with the droid shadow. X's code name and they never changed it.

Sent from my Rooted DROIDX using Tapatalk

It doesn't work with the verizon case without modifying the mount, as indicated above.

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If you REALLY want to use a case, I'd say the easiest thing would be to get a good universal mount that fits with cases, like the Arkon Mega Grip. You have to plug in the official dock anyway, so might as well save some cash and get a mount style you want.

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Motorola Droid X, Droid, and Devour

I'm using the beanbag mount as a desktop holder:

JRIkR.jpg

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Motorola Droid X, Droid, and Devour

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital