Extra Battery Question

peargirl

Jul 16, 2010
www.peargirly.com
This may be a stupid question, but I'm a noob so please forgive me.

I'm not disappointed with the battery life of the Droid X. I'm a heavy user and probably have my social networking sites set to check too often...and yeah, I have to most of the time charge it during the day or early evening...I've come to terms with it all...

However, I am going on vacation in October and won't be able to charge my phone mid day and I don't want the battery to die AND still want to be able to tweet and facebook and upload pix and all that fun stuff. So i was planning on buying an extra battery.

Now for the stupid question. If I charge an extra battery and keep it with me and then swap as needed, will the extra battery lose any charge before I swap them if it's in my bag all day? :eek:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, but I'm a noob so please forgive me.

I'm not disappointed with the battery life of the Droid X. I'm a heavy user and probably have my social networking sites set to check too often...and yeah, I have to most of the time charge it during the day or early evening...I've come to terms with it all...

However, I am going on vacation in October and won't be able to charge my phone mid day and I don't want the battery to die AND still want to be able to tweet and facebook and upload pix and all that fun stuff. So i was planning on buying an extra battery.

Now for the stupid question. If I charge an extra battery and keep it with me and then swap as needed, will the extra battery lose any charge before I swap them if it's in my bag all day? :eek:

it might lose a bit of charge, but it shouldnt end up at like 50% or anything if that is what youre wondering. just take the same precautions as you would with the battery in the device, like dont leave it in very hot areas

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea I had 3 batteries for my droid (I'm also a power user and use my phone to the fullest...no sense in having a super phone and having to feel limited in using it hahah) and I never had noticeable drain for my spares even after a few weeks.

buxleyp#AC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
A bigger problem might be...ARE there any battery chargers right now for Droid X batteries?

I'm still waiting for one. I don't trust the $10 ebay-direct-from-hong-kong chargers.

Until then, I'm using the phone to charge extra batteries when the timing is right.

thearchitect

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still waiting for one. I don't trust the $10 ebay-direct-from-hong-kong chargers.

Until then, I'm using the phone to charge extra batteries when the timing is right.

I agree with you about not trusting the hong kong sellers however I have decided to risk my $13.99 ( for 2 batteries, charger and shipping ) so if nothing else I can share with others if the batteries are any good or not. I was given an expected delivery date of 14-21 days and ordered the batteries July 31st so I should see them in the next week. I will post the performance of the very inexpensive batteries and charger to help other members make an informed decision.

condr67

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted to try and trust one of those vendors. But when it came down to it I dropped the 29.99(I get a discount) and got a OEM battery. Just didn't make sense to have a brand new and expensive phone and try and save a few cents with a cheap battery.

thearchitect

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I received my 2 batteries from Hong Kong today in the mail, happy to say they fit perfect, came with a 70% charge and have already charged one and am using it while the other is charging in the desktop charger which was included. I have taken pictures and will do a detailed review later tonight. I'm pleased so far but still skeptical until these batteries prove themselves.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have used batteries from Hong Kong for several years and have had no issues. True the life span may not be as long, but they are cheap enough to buy more later on.

Gangsta4evr

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you about not trusting the hong kong sellers however I have decided to risk my $13.99 ( for 2 batteries, charger and shipping ) so if nothing else I can share with others if the batteries are any good or not. I was given an expected delivery date of 14-21 days and ordered the batteries July 31st so I should see them in the next week. I will post the performance of the very inexpensive batteries and charger to help other members make an informed decision.

I saw a droid x battery charger in best buy for $14 last night.