Extended Battery now available

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
To those that thinking of using the stock cover with the extended battery, I would advise you to think twice. The force (even though it may be slight) needed to push the stock cover onto the phone with the extended battery will transfer that force to the back of the phone and possibly damage the circuit board or even cause the screen to crack. One user stated that when they put the stock cover on with the extended battery that they noticed a "rainbow" effect on their screen. That's a sign of pressure being applied to the LCD screen on the phone. If you have an LCD flat screen on your PC, place your thumb on the screen and apply a little pressure on it, notice the "rainbow"?

Yeah, good point. I can already confirm the hard leather case from Verizon still fits with the extended door on it.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, today will be the test for my phone with the extended battery. I am what you call a "power user" to the fullest extent. Today, as normal, I will use the phone to Gtalk a lot, text, email, browse a lottt, watch an episode or two of Louie during the commute, stream the AC podcast, listen to SD card music at the gym, read from my Kindle app, maybe play a game on the subway, play around with Vlingo more than I should, and maybe, just maybe, I'll get a call! lol

The phone was off the charger at 8am.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Keep us updated. Sounds like you use it a little more than me so I am curious about your results. Mine comes in today.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Got mine in today. I really hope it lasts a long time. Strange though the box says 1930 mAh. Fits strange with the new battery cover, but still looks good.

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Some Measurements

I received my new Extended Battery last night.

Thought I would give you some particulars. The Extended Battery is the same Length and Width as the Original Battery. However, the Thickness has increased from 0.187" to 0.227", an increase of 0.040".

That means that the Extended Battery has 20% more volume than the Original battery. Assuming the same battery construction and chemistry, the Extended Battery should therefore last 20% longer. Folks, there is nothing magic here, so stop asking questions about how well it works. Just image your phone having 20% more battery remaining at the end of the day than it does now.

If you keep your X uncovered, I would bet that if I changed your phone to include the new cover, the change is so slight that most people would not even know it. However, if you keep your X in a very tight and/or rigid case, there may be an issue. I have the Verizon 2 piece Case and Holster which is close fitting and slightly rigid. It fits with the new cover. However, it does not fit quite correctly, and it makes the phone a bit harder to insert/remove from the Holster. It is certainly usable, but I may go back to the original cover. If you have something like the Seidio Inocase (not yet released) which is quite tight fitting and rigid, I would guess that the Case would not be usable. However, I am hoping that the Seidio Active case (not yet released) may be O.K.

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. That is probably going to get ordered.

FWIW .... I caution anyone buying 3rd party batteries. Nearly every test I have seen show them to generally be inferior to OEM. Seido, while trusted by many has been caught doing some shady battery things.

Just search around the web for more info. Here is a good place to start research if interested ... BatteryBoss

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
5:44pm and I'm at 50%. Not bad. I have had it on Smart Mode, though. Let's see how well it holds up on the commute home.

riseboi

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
SIAP, but does anyone know if the DX with the extended cover will still fit in the car dock and/or the multimedia dock? I rec'd my extended battery yesterday and am considering getting these docks. thanks

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I would be surprised if it didnt. It is such a small difference from the original cover... I have the home dock that it fits just as good as ever, also use the snap in holster and leather holster. Nothing close to an issue. Performance? So I took it off the charger at 3 pm today, and it is now 10 pm and it just now hit 90%. Provided I didn't use it quite as much (went to see the Expendables), it did see what I call average use.

jayinla#AC

May 2, 2010
Visit site
SIAP, but does anyone know if the DX with the extended cover will still fit in the car dock and/or the multimedia dock? I rec'd my extended battery yesterday and am considering getting these docks. thanks

I purchased the extended battery yesterday from the Verizon Store and it with the new door it still fits perfectly in the multimedia dock!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
So I took it off the charger at 3 pm today, and it is now 10 pm and it just now hit 90%. Provided I didn't use it quite as much (went to see the Expendables), it did see what I call average use.

Holy christ! That's amazing! Either you don't use it at all or well, it's a miracle. Did you have it on battery saver mode or a profile like that?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I use battery saver mode. This time brightness was on auto. I did use it average. It has gone to 80% now, been off the charger 19h 50m 30s. Display is at 45%, cell standby at 44%, idle at 7, and voice calls at 4. Mind you i didnt use it overnight.