Extended Battery now available

kiolbasa1

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow man, I expect more from an intermediate. I clicked this forum in hopes that there would be word on an extended battery. Maybe next time put a ? at the end of the subject line

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You expect more from an intermediate? What does that mean? I simply saw the extended battery is now available, as many people would be interested to see.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt any of the current cases are going to fit with the extended battery door. The Seidio 1750 battery is the same size as the standard one - no extended door.

chrisb3

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the hard cases, but the silicone cases should be fine. The battery door only extends the back of the Droid X by 1mm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I'm going to wait before buying the Seidio Slim Extended. I want to wait to see if anyone buys this VZW one and see how much the form factor reallyyyy changes...like if my kickstand case will work anymore. If this thing comes with a new battery door, my current case most likely won't fit.

chrisb3

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I'm going to wait before buying the Seidio Slim Extended. I want to wait to see if anyone buys this VZW one and see how much the form factor reallyyyy changes...like if my kickstand case will work anymore. If this thing comes with a new battery door, my current case most likely won't fit.

It's been said on one of the other droid forums that the new back for the 1840mAh battery extends the back by 1mm.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
It's been said on one of the other droid forums that the new back for the 1840mAh battery extends the back by 1mm.

Yeah, but statements from Verizon and real life are two different things. As I stated, I want to see how much of a difference it makes in the realm of hard cases like the one I bought FROM Verizon.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If the verizon extend battery is 1840mAh and the seidio is 1750 what mAh if the factory included battery we receive with the phone? Just curious

Sent from my DX using my fingers.

chrisb3

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If the verizon extend battery is 1840mAh and the seidio is 1750 what mAh if the factory included battery we receive with the phone? Just curious

Sent from my DX using my fingers.

The VZW battery is actually 1880mAh. I mistyped the size before. I think the stock battery is 1500 or 1550mAh.

chrisb3

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but statements from Verizon and real life are two different things. As I stated, I want to see how much of a difference it makes in the realm of hard cases like the one I bought FROM Verizon.

There's someone on Droid X forums that has the battery and posted a pic of the new battery cover. he unfortunately doesn't have his X yet so no pics of it on the phone.

But the pic of the new battery cover doesn't look that different than the stock one. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
There's someone on Droid X forums that has the battery and posted a pic of the new battery cover. he unfortunately doesn't have his X yet so no pics of it on the phone.

But the pic of the new battery cover doesn't look that different than the stock one. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Well, it's tough to tell when it's not on an actual X. We'll have to wait and see!