PED3 Universal

maniacman54

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the PED3 Universal dock. Looks pretty nice. It's all metal, so
I shouldn't have problem sticking a nice magnet to activate the multimedia. Will put up thoughts/pseudo review when I receive it.

PED3 Universal

maniacman54

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Received my Ped3 universal stand today. Gotta say... I'm loving it so far. It's clean, very sturdy and you don't have to mess with anything. I looked at other stands, but most seemed too bulky and I was really considering Clingo, but there weren't many reviews out there. I'm in the market now to get a magnet to place on the stand. I bought magnetic tape, but it's not strong enough to go through my phone's cover (Amzer Argyle Red). I've been activating the multimedia dock with the help of Better Cut. Take a look

CIMG2044.jpg

CIMG2045.jpg

CIMG2046.jpg

maniacman54

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Went to Michaels and got some magnets (check out the pictures). They were $2.99 for 4. They're pretty strong. I tested the power before I bought them and work through the packaging and the phone cover. I had a 40% coupon, so it ended up being cheaper.
Once I got home, I stuck the magnet straight onto the stand and it worked like a charm. I definitely could've had a cheaper dock, but I really like the look of the ped3 and now with magnets, it's even better. I tried sticking the magnet to the back of the stand to hide it, but the way the phone sits in the stand, the magnet wouldn't be touching it.

CIMG2049.jpg

CIMG2052.jpg

CIMG2053.jpg

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I use the Arkon Mega Grip dashboard mount as a desk holder as well as in the car. The suction arm comes off the base, so you can put it on the windshield keep it on and put it on the dash. The arms squeeze pretty tight so the phone doesn't fall out and it rotates 360 degrees. The PED looks cool and I'd consider it if I didn't already have the Arkon mount I can use as a desk holder. Oh and the camera hump clears the holder perfectly.

Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Motorola Droid X, Droid, and Devour

Youtube: YouTube - Dashboard Mount for Samsung Galaxy S, Apple iPhone 4, Motorola Droid X | Arkon SM412

Pics:

sdPmO.jpg
Fk43u.jpg

JRIkR.jpg

If that's too bulky for some of you they also have a desktop specific holder: YouTube - 3 in 1 Dashboard, Console, or Desktop Mount with Mega Grip Phone Holder | Arkon SM416

maniacman54

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
personally the arkon looks cool, but too bulky for me even with the specific desktop holder. I also don't like the fact that once the desktop holder is in place, it's more hassle to try and move it somewhere else.
I would probably use arkon more for the car mount feature though.