Motorola right angle MicroUSB adapter

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
FYI, Motorola makes a right angle micro USB adapter that will route the cable towards the top of the Droid X. It's model #SKN6258, Google it to find stores that sell it (Amazon does, as do many of your favorite accessory stores). It's a great addition for third party or home-made docks.
americanesuperstore_2115_1101197974

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I wish the right angle cable would point down not up. It would feel better to hold.and I love my ezstand.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
They are all plastic with little textured rubberized mini-mats on the areas that touch the DX. Also bottom is totally covered with the rubberized mat so it is non-skid. They are about half the height of the DX, when it is upright with a broad base that will not tip over easily.

Overall feel is sturdy, not cheap, although they don't weight a whole lot, being black plastic. But nothing flimsy about them. I bought the two-pack (with 2 cables) and have on my desk and the other sort of at-large around the house or office where I will be working.

Only drawback is the size that doesn't accommodate the portrait DX, just the landscape position. Apparently, a redesign will accommodate the portrait. Not sure when that will be available, if not already.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I wish the right angle cable would point down not up. It would feel better to hold.and I love my ezstand.

I just ordered the Startech.com 3FT Right Angle MicroUSB Cable from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Startech.com 3FT Right Angle Micro USB Cable Is A Fully Rated USB Cable with The: Electronics

It will point down the side of the DX when inserted, so it should be reasonably comfortable to use while viewing. It's only 3 ft long, but I plan to use it with a USB extension cable for late night reading in bed.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Eze-Stand and I bought the cable that came with it. Unfortunately, the cable seems to have some quality issues. I can charge with the cable but any sort of USB data transfer fails as the pc looses connection.

I also purchased the Startech cable prior to getting the Eze-Stand for use with the Lego cradle I made. I don't have any issues with data transfer with the Startech but it doesn't work with the Eze-Stand because the angle takes the cable right into the right support of the stand.

I also have the cable that came with the phone which does not work with the cradle either.

I guess the adapter will be my next stop but I want to confirm that this adapter will do what I want it to do: run the cable to the left when the phone sits in the eze-cradle (with micro-usb connection on the bottom right and camera button on the top). It looks like it does in the photo but I want to confirm it again.

Thanks.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I received and started using the Startech 3ft right angle cable yesterday.

It's quite thin and very flexible, which makes it perfect for use during late night reading with a depleted battery, but I wonder how long it will stay intact. I'm pretty careful handling stuff, so hopefully it will last.

I was able to charge my DX with an Extended Battery from fully depleted to fully charged in 2 hr's and 15 minutes, so the lightness apparently doesn't have any negative effect on the charge rate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol