Case without belt clip ????

Hipgrncln

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a case for my X without a belt clip. This is just for protection as I keep my phone in my messenger bag/backpack. Any suggestions ????

Bob J

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Check Best Buy. I bought a really nice, dark red hard plastic case with the soft touch finish for $25. It covers all but the screen. Front and back snap together and are sufficiently difficult to separate that they won't come apart accidentally. Colors were the dark red (that has a slight metallic hue to it - sort of candy apple red), a dark blue and maybe black. Once I saw the red, that was it. I didn't check further than to notice the blue.

By the way, this case fits into the Verizon holster that come in a black case/holster combo. That case is very nice, too, but only covers the sides and back. Also the soft-touch hard plastic.

MrEricM#AC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I would NOT recommend one that is floating around that looks like this: Motorola Droid X Cellet Bergamo Leather Case Red Black

It doesn't fit the Droid X, it sticks out around a 1/2", and the case has magnets in it - Which is great for Blackberries which sleep the phone in the presence of a magnet, however on the droid x it either activates the desktop dock mode or the car dock mode depending on the way you put the phone in, so as the phone moves in the case it will turn on by itself... I would return it if I paid more than 7 bucks.

I ended up going to a Verizon store and got the "official" one: http://store.androidcentral.com/verizon-leather-side-case/4A120A7314.htm

It has a belt clip that you can't take off, but I'll deal with it.