NewB DX owner, trouble with SD Card

BLLade

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am brand new to the Droid world and got my X a few days ago. SO far I've been pretty happy with it except it is really tough for me to get used to the KB. I've searched for Tapatalk and Swype but have been unable to find them in the Market.
But my really frustrating problem is getting the SD card to work properly so I can load some video's and music.
It seems that the X has a lot of problems deciding whether the SD card is installed or not. When I open media share I get a window stating that there is no card installed. This is with Mass storage selected.
I installed the VCast media manager and it has trouble seeing the DX when in Windows media sync mode.
I installed the SD Card in my laptop and loaded some music onto it and a video in MP4 format and installed the card back in the X. The X recognizes the music but does not see the video.

Can anyone help or point me in the direction of a good tutorial on setting up and resolving these issues.

I should mention that Vcast is on my desktop, an older machine running Windows XP and my Notebook is running Windows 7. When I tried to install VCast on the note book it would not install. SOmething about needing a 32bit OS.
Help please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital