Ram universal mount

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anybody use a Ram mount before?. I am looking for a generic mount for my work truck that I can put my droid x in. i want to be able to use the mount with a case and this one looks really good for customizing. The nice thing is if you change found you just change the adjustable fingers to fit your device. I emailed the company about a droid x mount and this is what they suggested as they don't make a dedicated droid x mount just for iphone.

RAMHOLUN4U.jpg

RAPSB178U.JPG

ramholun4_img2.jpg

ramholun4_img11.jpg

you have to pick a base permanent or suction cup but it looks like the suction cup will fit on any flat surface.

video 1

video 2

Just wonderd if you guys have found anything like this? Trying to shop around before buying. Thanks

Last edited:

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It looks to me that there may be some interference between the arms and connectors and volume controls.

You might consider the Arkon SM040-2 : Mega Grip Cell as an alternative. I know that one lines up nicely.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you watch the videos you will see the fingers can be moved to any position.

you have a link to the arkon?

Lightninrod

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used this one for a couple of weeks now. I only use the vent mount option and it fits in my 2001 F150 Lightning pickup truck's AC vent as well as in my wife's 2007 Nissan Murano's AC vent.

It doesn't jiggle, it's adjustable in all directions, it allows for charging, and my X fits in it with the thick Bodyglove case on. The only negative is it won't take the X while in the landscape position.

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used this one for a couple of weeks now. I only use the vent mount option and it fits in my 2001 F150 Lightning pickup truck's AC vent as well as in my wife's 2007 Nissan Murano's AC vent.

It doesn't jiggle, it's adjustable in all directions, it allows for charging, and my X fits in it with the thick Bodyglove case on. The only negative is it won't take the X while in the landscape position.

Did you get it at the store or online looks like its out of stock.