Will the Verizon extended battery /new back fit in Seidio Innocase?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I already have the Seidio Innocase on my X and want to know if the Verizon extended 1850ma battery with the included back will fit in this case? For anyone that has this battery/case combo, does it really fit, or do you have to force it to fit and the case is thereafter always popping apart?

Thanks

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Na it fits ok. I feel like if I dropped it though it would break apart. It is a bit of a tight fit but it does fit.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Best Buy version, which I think is identical, for several weeks, and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

As others have said, it goes on fairly tightly over the extended battery, but it does accommodate it, and I've not had any problems with it coming apart.

It does have some affect on button access, the buttons at the bottom, and pulling down the notification screen, due to its thickness, and closeness to the button, screen areas. For me it was just a matter of adjusting to the feel, but some others have had more problem with that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the radio antennas is in the battery door.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the radio antennas is in the battery door.

Although I am not positive, I do not believe that is true. I did some searchs and can find no information indicating that the X has an antenna in the battery cover.

I have been using my X with the Extended Battery, and no Battery Cover, since the day the Extended Battery was released. My Phone reception is excellent. My 3G data reception is excellent. My Bluetooth reception is excellent. I really don't use WiFi so I can't speak to that one.

karlac#AC

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my X with the Extended Battery, and no Battery Cover, since the day the Extended Battery was released. My Phone reception is excellent. My 3G data reception is excellent. My Bluetooth reception is excellent. I really don't use WiFi so I can't speak to that one.

Ditto on not using a battery cover with the extended battery ... I use wifi and have no trouble with not using a battery cover.

The only way I can carry the phone the way I want to is to use the VZW holster from their case/holster combo, with the Dx encased in the VZW high gloss silicone case without the extended battery cover.

I often have to operate in a dust environment and this combination allows use of the holster, and keeps dust out. It's also a nice fit, tight enough to keep the dust out, but still easily removed with one hand.

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The only way I can carry the phone the way I want to is to use the VZW holster from their case/holster combo, with the Dx encased in the VZW high gloss silicone case without the extended battery cover.

Curious... why don't you use the Case that comes with the VZW Case/Holster Combo.? From pictures I have seen, it looks like the High Gloss Silicone Case is very similar. How is it "better" than the one that comes with the Combo.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15