spare droid x batteries off ebay

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if the referenced ones are or are not, but I would caution against aftermarket batteries. Ive heard on these forums that non OEM batteries are not able to be charged after the 2.2 upgrade.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm not sure with my droid x, as the battery life is more than good enough as is.

i did however buy a couple aftermarket batteries for my incredible(i wanted a battery charger as i had the seidio battery, and they came with it)

i gave them to a couple friends and they haven't had any problems with them...they even said HTC on them :p

sabbath

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use these; they are for backups if I'm going to be away from a charger to too long, only. You have to charger them with the wall pack. The phone does not see them as a factory, so it displays a ? mark in the tray. "Battery indicator" app displays the right level for me. But some say it stays at 100%.

Rapta619

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just dont get seidio batteries, they don't work in the x. If you squeeze the phone it will shut off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
... or pickup the official extended battery. I find it works wonders and I carry the standard battery with me in case I need it. This of course costs more but you are getting a good battery that works and has extended life. I have seen too many tests, forums, etc.. that show aftermarket batteries are simply not the same. A good reference .. BatteryBoss

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would never recommend third party batteries for applications like this. VZ does run deals sometime. I got extended battery for $28 shipped a month ago.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just dont get seidio batteries, they don't work in the x. If you squeeze the phone it will shut off.

Squeeze the phone how? The first Seidio battery I was sent (2 weeks ago), would not take a charge at all. They sent me another one and it is working fine. I "squeezed" my phone and nothing changed.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Aftermarket batteries will work. However, I have seen that some of the time the phone will not recognize the battery to indicate the level of charge left in it as it is utilized.

It has been my practice to purchase aftermarket batteries for everyone of the phones I have used. For me, they have always outperformed the original battery that comes with the phone. I believe you get what you pay for on eBay. If you pay $10 for a phone battery and it flops....well.

The Seidio Innocell 1750 mAH slim extended life battery works absolutely fine in my Droid X. If you are in the market for a good battery, I highly recommend it. Additionally, if there are problems then you can go online and fill out a claim with Seidio. They will mail you a new one with postage to email back the defective battery. I have personal experience with this procedure as they have replaced products for me in the past.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Aftermarket batteries will work. However, I have seen that some of the time the phone will not recognize the battery to indicate the level of charge left in it as it is utilized.

It has been my practice to purchase aftermarket batteries for everyone of the phones I have used. For me, they have always outperformed the original battery that comes with the phone. I believe you get what you pay for on eBay. If you pay $10 for a phone battery and it flops....well.

The Seidio Innocell 1750 mAH slim extended life battery works absolutely fine in my Droid X. If you are in the market for a good battery, I highly recommend it. Additionally, if there are problems then you can go online and fill out a claim with Seidio. They will mail you a new one with postage to email back the defective battery. I have personal experience with this procedure as they have replaced products for me in the past.

you can email physical items?! ;)

Rapta619

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ive had two seidio batteries for my x,returned both, same problem. If the phone is squeezed, our pushed into your pocket or even set down wrong, it will shut off. Seidio batteries are junk. Go to www.thepocketsolutions.com and get there two battery pack and charger for 44$. Can't beat that. And there batteries last just as long as my oem batteries ( I have 5 all together cuz I'm not close to a charger to often)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37