Trying to decide on a holster....

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

DroidXDawg

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have own Seidio products in the past and they have worked great for me. From my stand point they are great company and have good quality products. The Verizon case i have not had to much experience with. Normally their holster hold up quiet well and do just fine. In this case though i would lean towards the VZ holster due to the fact that it comes with everything you need for that price (belt holster and phone backing) The Seidio however is only the holster and the backing must be purchased separately for it to work. Hope that helps you out in your decision.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I get a little nervous with holsters with the phone naked, in that they leave the phone vulnerable. I would probably suggest the Verizon Holster combo as it holds the phone in securely. If you are like me and DO prefer leaving the phone naked....I got the Verizon Leather Beltcase, it keeps it nice and secure as well.

Good luck with your decision, let us know what you decide :)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I really like the stock Verizon holster that comes with a shell "case." Even using other cases (ones that don't add a lot of thickness), the X will still fit into this holster. I have the one-piece soft case and it works fine. A bit of a pull to get it out because of the semi-nonskid case, but the X is very secure. Best of all, when holstered, it's very thin - like 1/2 inch, excluding the clip.

RJMartin19

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the seidio case and i love it. I prefer to use my phone with no case and since the phone sits in the holster screen in it is well protected. I love the holster!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have both of the cases you mentioned. They both work well, but I like the Seidio better because I really like the clip at the top of the holster. It give me a little extra piece of mind that it wont fall out.

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Interesting note. I have the oem Verizon holster with the spring clip at the top and when I put my Droid X into it the screen turns on. I have identified it as the case being too tight against the home button and it slightly depresses it and turns on the screen. Even slightly moving the holster around will sometimes turn on the screen. The case needs to have an openening around the home button or there needs to be a way to stop the hom button from being able to turn on the screen.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Shell/Holster Combo when I ordered my X on release day. I really like the design of it and have been extremely happy with it except for one thing, small cracks are developing on each side of the holster just below where the volume buttons are. This is the point where the holster flexes when you insert or remove the phone. They don't hurt anything yet, but I'm worried that they're going to get worse over time.

If it does eventually break, I'll probably end up buying another one since I like the design so much. I might consider the Otterbox Defender, but it looks like it covers too much. I don't like the idea of anything covering the buttons when I'm using the phone.

lezardroid

Nov 30, 2010
casedroid.com
Seidio cases based on many people accross the this forum is a great manufacturer of PDA accessories. If I were you I think I'll get the Verizon Shell Holster Case for a change.=)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Studio makes GREAT case(-s) ... feel good to touch, quality overall, secures X.

The w Ppppp Verizon holster that comes w shell case works with Seidio regular cases just fine. You can mix/match.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Studio makes GREAT case(-s) ... feel good to touch, quality overall, secures X.

The w Ppppp Verizon holster that comes w shell case works with Seidio regular cases just fine. You can mix/match.

Swype not cooperating... Seidio makes great cases.... Delete all the "ppp" stuff.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Swype not cooperating... Seidio makes great cases.... Delete all the "ppp" stuff.

Lol, it happens. I use the vzw shell/holster and have no complaints. Can't beat it for the price. It has held up well and is easy to get on and off as needed. The seidio has options if you need more protection, but the vzw with a good screen protector should be all you need for daily use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza