Superior Dual Cover by Verizon

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So I first tried the high gloss silicone case by Verizon as I waited for my second case which was the Active X by Seidio. I loved the Seidio, but I still wanted to try other things. So I purchased the Commuter by Otterbox and I hated it? all the darn flaps and stuff just got in the way more than they offered added protection.

I thought I was stuck with the Seidio because I couldn?t find anything else that looked nice, fit well and offered great protection, until I went back to my local Verizon store to get a replacement original bat. While in the store I saw something that I hadn?t seen on any site: The Droid X Dual Cover made by Superior Communications.
-It is smooth matte finished hard plastic, yet flexible enough to easily put on the X over and over again.
-It is a one piece design, so it won?t fall apart.
-It covers all the buttons with large keys that are VERY easy to push.
-It doesn?t get in the way of using the screen.
-It offers no heat or signal insulation, so my X doesn?t get warm and I always have a strong connection.
-It doesn't attract lint or dust at all.
-It is low-profiled/thin.
-It has room for the extended bat.

I can?t even find this thing on the Superior Communications site or Verizon?s site, yet there it was; hung from a hook at the Verizon Wireless Store.

This case is sexy, sleek, functional, and is the last case I will ever buy for my X.

Last edited:

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I love otter box, and the port covers...love love love it! Wouldn't trade it for anything else : ) glad you found something working well for you!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a blue one of those on my fascinate, very slick case : ) sorry mods for the double post...

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Does this work with any type of belt clip or holster?

I wish I could help you out with that one, but I don't own any holsters and I don't personally know anyone that owns an X. It is made out of thick plastic(?) so it might just fit the Seidio Innocase Holster but like I said, I don't know for sure.

Verizon has a deal right now, that if you buy two accessories you get 20% off. So I got this sweet case for $18.74 I might just buy another from my VZW store as this seems to be an extremely rare find.

Oh, and to let all of you know if you didn't already notice: This case is specifically made for the extended bat.

I am going to be buying the Pelican iPhone water resistant case soon too, I hope this thing fits into that.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Good for you BKVic, I hope you like it.

I am so surprised that I can't find it anywhere on the net, I even googled the skew and I got ONE result... this thread right here on AC. :p

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Good for you BKVic, I hope you like it.

I'm sure I will as its a nice looking case. I have a two piece on it right now but I just don't feel like it will offer enough protection if I drop it and I will drop it sooner or later. When the wife and I got our Storm 2s I put the hard rubber one piece cases on them that Verizon sold and mine survived two drops onto paved parking lots without a scratch.

BKVic

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This is a GREAT case!! Best case that Ive seen for the droid X. Its nice and slim and still fits in my Fortte leather case. The buttons still work nicely even though they are covered.

BKVic

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It seems it isn't too rare at least in Paducah, KY. I just gave the sku to a guy at the local store and he said they have 14 LOL. He even went and grabbed one foe me to verify amd described it to me. He said it was 24.99.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Does your X fit in the docks with this case on? That's the reason I took back the verizon 2 piece holster, no go with the dock.