01-14-2012 10:35 PM
62 123
tools
    Very nice looking leather case. I even like Ver. 2.

If you or anyone decides to buy it, let us know how you like it.
    05-29-2011 11:30 AM
    OK Other then the price ($120) has anyone tried this companies case?

PDair Asus Transformer Leather Case - Book Type Version 1 (Black)

Looks like a very nice, well made case. I have never had a problem with paying a little extra to protect my investments as I make my living with these things. Although this does appear to be getting me to rethink that philosophy.
    Wow for 1/10th the cost you could get something similar like this http://cgi.ebay.com/Folio-Leather-Ca...item25642ca950 . The quality doesn't look as good but it looks like it would provide the same level of protection pretty much for a lot cheaper. You could almost buy the docking keyboard for $120 lol.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    05-29-2011 04:21 PM
    The Case Logic VLS-110 is an ideal fit. $8.95 at Amazon.

Use the same case with my Asus Transformer. Works great, fits snugly. No bouncing around in the case
    05-29-2011 05:23 PM
    Wow for 1/10th the cost you could get something similar like this Folio Leather Case For Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 | eBay . The quality doesn't look as good but it looks like it would provide the same level of protection pretty much for a lot cheaper. You could almost buy the docking keyboard for $120 lol.

Thanks so much for this find. I went and ordered this. Looks nice enough to me. I will post some pictures and a short review when it arrives.
    05-29-2011 10:28 PM
    I am actually designing a case for the transformer.. it will be made out of ballistic nylon to keep the cost down and am trying to integrate the case so it can accept the keyboard without having to totally remove it from the case. If you have any suggestions, please let me know... I should have a prototype in a couple of weeks. I maybe dating myself with this but I did design a case for the apple newton messagepad back in the day that I was able to sell thru users groups (internet was still in its infancy at that time). I will try to incorporate some of those features into the EEE pad case... stay tune
    rheadwest likes this.
    06-01-2011 02:16 PM
    I have two cases on order. One is this one:
    Amazon.com: Kensington K62571US Sling Bag for iPad, 9 - 10 Inch Netbooks, and Tablet Computers: Electronics
    Used as carrying case and this one:
    PRIME - Custom Case for Asus Transformer [PRIME_TF] - $33.00 : electronicCrap, Accessories for Android Tablets and Phones
    Used as a protective case. This was custom made by a third party manufacture smd I will do a review after I have received.
    06-01-2011 10:58 PM
    That second one looks exactly like the one I got off of ebay. Paid (with shipping) slightly less.
    06-01-2011 11:15 PM
    I am actually designing a case for the transformer.. it will be made out of ballistic nylon to keep the cost down and am trying to integrate the case so it can accept the keyboard without having to totally remove it from the case. If you have any suggestions, please let me know... I should have a prototype in a couple of weeks. I maybe dating myself with this but I did design a case for the apple newton messagepad back in the day that I was able to sell thru users groups (internet was still in its infancy at that time). I will try to incorporate some of those features into the EEE pad case... stay tune
    Sounds like something I would definitely be interested in. You should consider talking to Phil and the other android central guys about selling it in their store if it works out. If you can make something that fits snug and allows for the dock you will have a hot seller in your hands.

I love makers, I have always been a tinkerer and tweaker but never much of a maker

Also, suggestion - i do not use it often but make sure there is a good way to use the camera with your case on. Consider not just a hole in the back but also what to do with the enclosure flap when holding it open and upright as a camera.
    06-01-2011 11:19 PM
    That second one looks exactly like the one I got off of ebay. Paid (with shipping) slightly less.
    If you are speaking of the foliocase on eBay it is pretty similar, however the one I opted for has no red stitching and no 'clip 'on back. It stands horizontally differently because of this. The eBay one uses clip similar to the OEM transformer to stand.
    06-02-2011 08:05 AM
    Many cases work fine, but what is really needed is a case that can store the keyboard and tablet separately or connected. So, it need to have two compartments that have a flexible/stretchy wall (neoprene or so). Until then I will use old netbook cases.
    06-03-2011 08:57 AM
    I'm using this sleeve from meritline for $6. It's a nice snug fit for the tab/dock combo and still fits nice for the tab only. I like the top loading because i can easily charge the tab alone if it's in upside down or the combo if it's right side up.

I also picked up the Kensington 7-9" pouch on Amazon for $5. It's a slightly tighter fit than the meritline one above. I'm pretty much using the red and black one from meritline. I like the horizontal loading as opposed to vertical. Plus I can leave the combo in and charge from the side or put the tablet in alone upside down and charge from the top. You can check out pics of the Kensington over at androidforums. I don't feel like posting them again.
    06-03-2011 04:13 PM
    Just wanted to mention that I ended up getting one of the Asus cases ( the I pad copy ) and I must say it is pretty nice.

It has caught a lot of flack on here for being crappy but it is really nice - the elevated angle makes typing even better on my TF.

For the of you out there like me who are not all that interested in the keyboard dock - definitely consider the Asus case - it is a little pricey but fits like a glove and gives some stand functionality.

Overall, a very nice case, and it should be as it is a dead ringer for my wife's Ipad case.

@asaulo1 - still loving your custom case idea - have you considered a kickstarter campaign and then mention it on here and on xda?
    06-03-2011 06:04 PM
    I want something like this -

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG P7100 GALAXY TAB 10.1V PU LEATHER BOOK TYPE CASE WITH DESK STAND: Electronics

Does anyone know if the transformer will fit in that case?
    06-07-2011 02:17 PM
    Got this at the local Staples, It's a Solo brand marketed for iPad/eReader.
    Work well IMO. The power button is cover up and the volume up is somewhat covered
    but you can still push it and it function just fine.

Staples just sent me a $10 any purchase coupon. I'm going to head to my local Staples tomorrow and get this same case in black.
    06-07-2011 09:56 PM
    If and when I get a tablet Ill either use this or just throw it in the 15in laptrap I have. They are the BEST cases you can buy IMHO.

06-08-2011 10:28 AM
    If and when I get a tablet Ill either use this or just throw it in the 15in laptrap I have. They are the BEST cases you can buy IMHO.

I bought a sleeve from SF Bags, (Need a case or bag for your laptop, tablet, mobile device, or gadget? We've got you covered - WaterField Design - Made in USA) also known by the name Waterline. As implied, they are based in San Fransisco and all bags are made right there. American jobs, folks.

The sleeve I picked was 21-14, I think, and I don't have an easy way right here in a coffee shop, to take and post a picture. I did measure my ASUS Transformer and e-mail them the dimensions. They responded right away with a suggested sleeve. Strong and stylish, but not the cheap route: $59.00. Professional looking - I am a commercial photographer and have to bring this into a meeting where I will be quoting a high price for creative work.

Be sure to look at the options they give you like flap or no flap, leather or nylon bottom, d-Rings or no D-Rings... I have another of their cases that hangs on a shoulder strap for a Lenovo laptop and after two years it still looks perfect. This sleeve was ordered with the d-rings at add to the Lenovo when I will need both. Or go just with the ASUS.

which shows the leather option. I ordered "Iridium"

Again, this is the in-it-for-the-long-term option.
    Try this page of tablet options:
    SFBags - WaterField Designs - Tablet Cases - Motorola Xoom - Galaxy Tab

Aloha from Hawaii.
    jonathan7007
    06-14-2011 03:41 PM

wow - I thought the point was lite and compact - to each his own I guess but that thing is HUGE
    06-15-2011 10:37 AM
    This is what I got...even has the Honeycomb design on the outside...

HP - Mini Netbook Sleeve - WV594AA#ABA

Ed
    06-15-2011 03:47 PM
    wow - I thought the point was lite and compact - to each his own I guess but that thing is HUGE
    The picture and second link are of my laptop bag. I bought my transformer to compliment my thinkpad so ill probably stick it in the case you see in the picture. But the first link is of a 10in case for those who use the transformer as a net book on the go. Its slightly bigger then a sleeve for a 10in but offers more storage and tons of protection. These bags have saved my laptops over the years from bumps and crazy drops. Honestly with the amazing warranty you'll never need and the fact that you can use it as a portable workstation make it perfect for me.

But yes I can see how the 15in version I have is a little big for this thread.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    06-16-2011 07:02 AM
    Sadly it did not fit in my bag pictured so I guess Ill get a sleeve tomorrow so it can go in my pack.
    06-21-2011 06:44 PM
    and yet another response from me...

Well I was tired of how I was carrying the transformer around so I went and got a case logic sleeve. Has enough space for the docked transformer and stylus as well as having an outside pouch for the ac adapter and any other related cables I may carry with me. Will go right in the pack for on the go computing.

06-23-2011 01:44 PM
    Well as the title says, what case or bag do all you guys that have it use for your TF? Just ordered mine last night so i'm looking to get something to store it in or at least keep it secure while transporting it.
    I am using a swiss gear 10 inch tablet case from walmart, it fits perfectly and I recently got a foldable leather case of ebay, and the transformer still fits snug! I'm still just waiting for something like a simple rubber sleeve and a hard otter box like case
    07-11-2011 05:25 PM
    Im using this one but wonder how well it will fit once I buy the dock.
    07-18-2011 03:17 PM
    I use my old netbook cover, just slides in with the dock. Charger fits in the front pocket.
    08-04-2011 10:26 PM
    We use this rubberized folio case/stand for it.

08-23-2011 03:12 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD