What case/bag do you use for your TF?

DaMaDo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am using the HP case. Like this one:
Amazon.com: HP Tablet Sleeve - Black with Red Trim: Electronics
but black and gray. I also got it in a store, so I paid $20 for it -.-

Really satisfied with it, and it looks like it has more than enough room for the dock when I get it.

Wow, I just clicked the link and saw that the price jumped up. I got it 2 days ago from amazon for $9.88.

Right after I placed my order though, I tried the M-Edge case that I have for my (now broken) Kindle DX and it fits enough that I actually just use that now. See pic below for the "fits enough" explanation:

medge.jpg

The top left strap pushes on the power button at times so I usually leave that one off and it is still held on pretty strong. Plus it's about 2mm too long, but not a big deal.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree old sacks are gross with the wrinkly skin and old..balls

I couldnt help but quote big daddy there

Still going naked with mine for now - would like to find a case at some point tho

rruready

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
OK Other then the price ($120) has anyone tried this companies case?

PDair Asus Transformer Leather Case - Book Type Version 1 (Black)

Looks like a very nice, well made case. I have never had a problem with paying a little extra to protect my investments as I make my living with these things. Although this does appear to be getting me to rethink that philosophy. :)
Wow for 1/10th the cost you could get something similar like this http://cgi.ebay.com/Folio-Leather-C...480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25642ca950 . The quality doesn't look as good but it looks like it would provide the same level of protection pretty much for a lot cheaper. You could almost buy the docking keyboard for $120 lol.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow for 1/10th the cost you could get something similar like this Folio Leather Case For Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 | eBay . The quality doesn't look as good but it looks like it would provide the same level of protection pretty much for a lot cheaper. You could almost buy the docking keyboard for $120 lol.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for this find. I went and ordered this. Looks nice enough to me. I will post some pictures and a short review when it arrives.

asaulo1#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I am actually designing a case for the transformer.. it will be made out of ballistic nylon to keep the cost down and am trying to integrate the case so it can accept the keyboard without having to totally remove it from the case. If you have any suggestions, please let me know... I should have a prototype in a couple of weeks. I maybe dating myself with this but I did design a case for the apple newton messagepad back in the day that I was able to sell thru users groups (internet was still in its infancy at that time). I will try to incorporate some of those features into the EEE pad case... stay tune :)

Reactions: rheadwest

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I am actually designing a case for the transformer.. it will be made out of ballistic nylon to keep the cost down and am trying to integrate the case so it can accept the keyboard without having to totally remove it from the case. If you have any suggestions, please let me know... I should have a prototype in a couple of weeks. I maybe dating myself with this but I did design a case for the apple newton messagepad back in the day that I was able to sell thru users groups (internet was still in its infancy at that time). I will try to incorporate some of those features into the EEE pad case... stay tune :)

Sounds like something I would definitely be interested in. You should consider talking to Phil and the other android central guys about selling it in their store if it works out. If you can make something that fits snug and allows for the dock you will have a hot seller in your hands.

I love makers, I have always been a tinkerer and tweaker but never much of a maker

Also, suggestion - i do not use it often but make sure there is a good way to use the camera with your case on. Consider not just a hole in the back but also what to do with the enclosure flap when holding it open and upright as a camera.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That second one looks exactly like the one I got off of ebay. Paid (with shipping) slightly less.

If you are speaking of the foliocase on eBay it is pretty similar, however the one I opted for has no red stitching and no 'clip 'on back. It stands horizontally differently because of this. The eBay one uses clip similar to the OEM transformer to stand.

vdpluijm

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Many cases work fine, but what is really needed is a case that can store the keyboard and tablet separately or connected. So, it need to have two compartments that have a flexible/stretchy wall (neoprene or so). Until then I will use old netbook cases.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm using this sleeve from meritline for $6. It's a nice snug fit for the tab/dock combo and still fits nice for the tab only. I like the top loading because i can easily charge the tab alone if it's in upside down or the combo if it's right side up.
263-377.jpg

I also picked up the Kensington 7-9" pouch on Amazon for $5. It's a slightly tighter fit than the meritline one above. I'm pretty much using the red and black one from meritline. I like the horizontal loading as opposed to vertical. Plus I can leave the combo in and charge from the side or put the tablet in alone upside down and charge from the top. You can check out pics of the Kensington over at androidforums. I don't feel like posting them again.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to mention that I ended up getting one of the Asus cases ( the I pad copy ) and I must say it is pretty nice.

It has caught a lot of flack on here for being crappy but it is really nice - the elevated angle makes typing even better on my TF.

For the of you out there like me who are not all that interested in the keyboard dock - definitely consider the Asus case - it is a little pricey but fits like a glove and gives some stand functionality.

Overall, a very nice case, and it should be as it is a dead ringer for my wife's Ipad case.

@asaulo1 - still loving your custom case idea - have you considered a kickstarter campaign and then mention it on here and on xda?

willyb0b

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Got this at the local Staples, It's a Solo brand marketed for iPad/eReader.
Work well IMO. The power button is cover up and the volume up is somewhat covered
but you can still push it and it function just fine.

Staples just sent me a $10 any purchase coupon. I'm going to head to my local Staples tomorrow and get this same case in black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech