What case/bag do you use for your TF?

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well as the title says, what case or bag do all you guys that have it use for your TF? Just ordered mine last night so i'm looking to get something to store it in or at least keep it secure while transporting it.

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my 13inch case that i have from my XPS laptop. Doesn't fit it at all but gets the job done. hahah. I'm waiting for a better slip/protective case from a 3rd party manufacturer before i purchase one specifically for it.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I plan to use the little zip up case that came with my old EEEPC. Same dimensions, although the transformer will be slimmer inside even with the attached dock.

And it already says ?EEE? on the side of it.

For anyone looking for just a protective case for carrying, but not when in use, I would suggest widening their search to include cases made for netbooks.

-Suntan

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Walmart has a 10.1 inch case from Swiss Army for 16 dollars.... i like it a lot. Has good padding, zips up and has extra pocket for plug.

I really want a rubberized case for the physical unit though; Would an IPAD/Xoom case fit it at all? I think it is kind of strange very few 3rd party manufacturers actually make anything for it.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it is kind of strange very few 3rd party manufacturers actually make anything for it.

I don?t find it all that strange. Tablets are coming out left and right. They can?t make a hord of accessories for all of them.

I wouldn?t be surprised to see few cases for the TF unless it gets very popular. It will be difficult to deal with the keyboard dock area.

-Suntan

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the one that came with my MSI U-123 netbook. Although, I doubt it will fit with the dock, when I get that.

On second though, I doubt I will us a cover once I get the dock. Closing the unit will protect the screen. I'm sick of protectors and covers on my devices. I usually don't keep them past 2-3 years and I love the slimness of going naked!

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The dock is no thicker than the tablet. Looking at it next to my old EEEPC makes the little netbook look positively chubby.

They should both fit in your old netbook case just fine.

On second though, I doubt I will us a cover once I get the dock. Closing the unit will protect the screen. I'm sick of protectors and covers on my devices. I usually don't keep them past 2-3 years and I love the slimness of going naked!

That’s always been my opinion. The only time I pack my electronics into bags is when they get packed in the back of the mini-van (with everything else that isn’t bolted down in our house because my wife thinks we’ll need all of it for a weekend trip to her parent’s house…)

For daily use, I don’t see putting a device into an enclosure. A scratch or two is easily worth it to not have to deal with some cover. Like you, these gadgets outlive their technical usefulness long before they physically breakdown. Although I tend to be gentle on my electronics.

Another thing, I know these devices are quite low powered, but packing it into a silicone sleeve and then playing HD video/THD games in a warm setting is surely heating it up inside.

-Suntan

SlickMoney

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I use the official case from Asus and store it in the 10.1in Swiss Army sleeve mentioned above.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

muscal

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Folio case

Does anyone use a folio case that they use with the keyboard docked. My goal would be to use that but be able to also undock it and use the folio case with just the screen. Any recommendations?

Also, do you guys recommend a screen protector or is it fine because it's gorilla glass. I kinda want one that would reduce fingerprints. Thanks.

Reactions: peterallen

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Got this at the local Staples, It's a Solo brand marketed for iPad/eReader.
Work well IMO. The power button is cover up and the volume up is somewhat covered
but you can still push it and it function just fine.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Got this at the local Staples, It's a Solo brand marketed for iPad/eReader.
Work well IMO. The power button is cover up and the volume up is somewhat covered
but you can still push it and it function just fine.
Same here. I saw the recommendation on an XDA thread and picked one up yesterday. Pretty nice but I do wish what looks like a pocket on the outside was actually a pocket. Would've also preferred to have the elastic straps at all corners.

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: myasustf101

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Love the look of this case. Obviously a copy of the iPad one case from apple, but there is a reason for that - that case is bada$$. I am not vouching for it as I do not own it but i like the look of it - big problem...the price is nuts - $39.99- it really is true that these companies try and make their margin on the accessories. Other problem - out of stock - but that is temporary hopefully.

Amazon.com: ASUS Sleeve Case for ASUS Eee Pad TF101 Transformer (TF101 Sleeve): Electronics

PS - can't imagine that you can leave this one and use the dock - but we can hope.

DaMaDo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Love the look of this case. Obviously a copy of the iPad one case from apple, but there is a reason for that - that case is bada$$. I am not vouching for it as I do not own it but i like the look of it - big problem...the price is nuts - $39.99- it really is true that these companies try and make their margin on the accessories. Other problem - out of stock - but that is temporary hopefully.

Amazon.com: ASUS Sleeve Case for ASUS Eee Pad TF101 Transformer (TF101 Sleeve): Electronics

PS - can't imagine that you can leave this one and use the dock - but we can hope.

I originally wanted that one until I read the reviews :'(

I'm hoping M-Edge makes a case for the TF soon.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yikes the reviews are rough and it doesn't work with the dock as I suspected. Pretty surenrjere will not be a case that will other than loose slip cases. The dock issue is a no biggie for me as I am no all that interested in the dock at this time, but the over al quality especially for the price is subpar. So I will keep looking.

Reactions: frantech1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams