List of working USB accessories for the TF

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Thought it would be useful to have a thread for working USB items. Some of them are obvious like thumb drives and some are less obvious like the newly discovered PS3 remote.

Post here with what you have found working and I will update the OP wth a running list.

Make sure to mention if you are plugging into the dock or into a double female USB adapter straight into the sync cord. Also mention what apps you are using the accessory with unless it is really obvious like for a thumb drive.

Let's get this list going - i will start below

Post 1 - intro
Post 2 - working with dock
Post 3 - working with sync cable

We get this going well enough and maybe it will even get stickied!

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Working with the dock

Storage Space
  • thumb drives
  • external hard drives ( both external and device - powered )

Productivity
  • mouse
  • basic keyboard
  • barcode reader

Gaming
  • PS3 controller
  • Xbox360 controller?

Last edited:

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Working with the sync cable

I will be playing with this onw quite a bit when my USB double female arrives. We will need to be a little more detailed on this than the dock post (brand, functioning apps, etc) as I have read that the TF is a little more finnicky this way.

Last edited:

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Our barcode reader works perfectly with the dock. As its emulating a keyboard, I think nearly all (if not all) barcode readers should work with it.
Ill have to look up make and model when I'm on next on Tuesday.

Last edited:

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was stunned to find that my little Microsoft USB Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 works perfectly with the TF dock/tablet combo. I had thought that it would require a special driver from the OS that wouldn't exist in the TF, but as soon as I plugged it into the USB port, it was completely up and running.

bob smith

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Tested two different USB to eSata adapter plugs. Both worked.

They showed up in storage as usbdrive1. Maybe if I plugged two into the dock simultaneously they would show up as usbdrive1 & usbdrive2.

I tested a usb to ethernet adapters, did not appear to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463