1. harryzwd's Avatar
    does any such animal exist. i know about the adapters to read SDHC memory in regular usb port, but does anyone make an adapter to go the other way? something you would slide onto the end of your thumb drive and stick in the sdhc slot...? seems like a an obvious thing to have been invented, but i can't seem to find one!?
    06-08-2011 11:03 AM
  2. mknollman123's Avatar
    Guessing it would be very brittle but let us know what you find
    06-08-2011 04:43 PM
  3. ut00wj's Avatar
    Got this when I purchased a 16GB card.
    SanDisk® MobileMate™ Micro Mobile Reader - Easy to Install and Use

    There is a Where to Buy link on the page. In my area, Sears, Best Buy, Costco, Rite-Aid and Amazon all have them. I have noticed that after repeated use, it does tend to wear out, but for less than $ 0.50, hard to beat.

    This one looks a little more sturdy... Amazon.com: BlueProton USB 2.0 MicroSD / TransFlash Card Reader Writer: Electronics

    And one from Kingston Amazon.com: Kingston USB 2.0 microSD Flash Memory Card Reader FCR-MRB (Black): Electronics

    Have fun
    06-11-2011 02:17 AM
  4. njperry's Avatar
    Great products but I think the OP wants to turn the micro SD card slot/port into a USB port via an adapter. Essentially he/she wants to be able to plug a usb thumb drive into the micro SD slot. I would also like this ability since I already own some large thumb drives and large micro SD cards are still somewhat costly.
    06-11-2011 02:56 AM
  5. AllstarE4's Avatar
    You're better off buying the USB adapter that goes into the bottom docking/charging port.
    12-10-2011 05:48 PM