Have you Rooted?

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So how many of you have chosen to root with the new method? Or are you happy with your stock Transformer? I went to the dark side the minute it was possible and i'm loving it. Let us all know what you think, i'm curious how many of you are happy staying stock......

taalibeen

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I rooted mine immediately, not because I was dissatisfied with the stock Transformer, but because one of the main reasons I went with the Transformer with its keyboard dock was because carrying it around while I'm on-call is alot easier than a full blown laptop - and for that I needed to be able to run OpenVPN on it, which you need root for.

Were it not for needing OpenVPN, I probably would've left it stock. I'm not doing anything else with the tablet that requires having root.

Advantageinv

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Stock here.
the only advantage I can think of is backing it up but now ASUS has a built in backup funtion so there's really no need for ME to root.
That being said, all the phones in my house are rooted.

trust-no-one

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Rooted my B70 new SBK as soon as it was possible. Now running Revolver with an overclocke kernel to 1.4 GHz and loving it. Pretty much no lag, Titanium backup is great too, like being able to back up my system settings. Might try out some other ROMs sometime. Gotta day thatafter this experience of rooting, I will definately root my Sensation XE straight away when I get it.

jrsalda

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes of course, having 2 ipad's 2 at home, you ended inadvertently comparing against it, i was going to return mine after 12 hour's dealing with. System was so slow and unresponsive, was laggy so often specially browsing, i almost gave up, change to ext2 and install revolver rom, Oc to 1.4ghz and now i have a useful and speedy tablet. The way it's suppose to be. I bought 4 android tablets on black friday, thrive, iconia, galaxy and the tf101, all of them with almost identical specs.I've seen some people returning their transformers on the 26th, i spoke with 2 of them, they were ipad 2 users,and their major complain was about the lack of speed. Stock tf101 is pretty dissapointing

cbill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Can't imagine anyone thinking the transformer is "laggy"; especially after updates and tweeks!

That said; I am considering root to get full access to the MicroSd card. Also, might delete some proprietary software. Would also like to be able to check out CWM 09 OS from MicroSD. Does Revolver boot from the MicroSD? If so does it require boot?

Cbill

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and flashed a recovery & ROM the same day I received my TF on black friday. Was a painless experience for me 2 .apk files and I was rdy to start flashing ROMs. I am running Revolver with an OC kernel at 1.6ghz and yes I can't say my TF was laggy before but now I can see where it wasn't as smooth. Plus there are a few options not in the stock HC I find useful in Revolver. I hope for some Cyanogen love here on the TF some day.

carhauler1969

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Got my TF101G B5OKAS + keyboard dock B60KAS for Christmas & promptly heeded the Asus OTA nags & updated to the latest firmware, big mistake :oops: This rendered RazorClaw useless. :mad: But I was still able to root the device using RootToolKit v2.0 on Christmas day. :D I knew I would root it as soon as I unwrapped it :rolleyes:
I've always thought Honeycomb was laggy compared to Gingerbread, & especially compared to Ice Cream Sandwich. Now rooted, OC'd @ 1.59GHz, & tweaked out Sysctl Config settings this thing flat out flies! :D I'm extremely pleased with the device overall & development is top notch. All of the ROMs & kernels I have tried to date have been extremely stable, no random reboots, no BS whatsoever, even OC'd @ 1.68GHz. I cannot wait until ICS is fully functional for the TF, it should really scream then. ;)

Sent from my rooted Asus Transformer using Tapatalk Pro

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Got my TF101G B5OKAS + keyboard dock B60KAS for Christmas & promptly heeded the Asus OTA nags & updated to the latest firmware, big mistake :oops: This rendered RazorClaw useless. :mad: But I was still able to root the device using RootToolKit v2.0 on Christmas day. :D I knew I would root it as soon as I unwrapped it :rolleyes:
I've always thought Honeycomb was laggy compared to Gingerbread, & especially compared to Ice Cream Sandwich. Now rooted, OC'd @ 1.59GHz, & tweaked out Sysctl Config settings this thing flat out flies! :D I'm extremely pleased with the device overall & development is top notch. All of the ROMs & kernels I have tried to date have been extremely stable, no random reboots, no BS whatsoever, even OC'd @ 1.68GHz. I cannot wait until ICS is fully functional for the TF, it should really scream then. ;)

Sent from my rooted Asus Transformer using Tapatalk Pro

What is/where is RootToolKit v2.0. Does it root 3.2.1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv