why root a tablet?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
CleanROM is awesome for the TF700. Completely saved my Transformer from my list of biggest tech disappointments.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I would root it to be able to run ad-blocking software. I don't think you can block ads without rooting - I'd be happy to learn if you could, though...

Ad blockers need root because they change and download a different host file, although others just do a DNS change.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I did root it and now have Ad Away installed. Very nice! No custom ROM yet, but having root access for ad blocking and installing Titanium Backup is nice.

Ad blockers need root because they change and download a different host file, although others just do a DNS change.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've had a rooted Samsung Fascinate for a couple of years but never bothered with the tablet. Now I'm considering doing my hubby's Thunderbolt but I don't want to have him blame me if it ever misbehaves - he's no techie.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've had a rooted Samsung Fascinate for a couple of years but never bothered with the tablet. Now I'm considering doing my hubby's Thunderbolt but I don't want to have him blame me if it ever misbehaves - he's no techie.

The world needs more REAL women tech. None of the fake ones. :p So I'm glad to hear you dabble in the rooting arts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon