05-29-2016 03:45 PM
59 123
tools
    I think Rick has came back to his senses.
    Kinda interested in how or if Morgan will be brought back but something tells me he will make an appearance at a crucial moment when TP goes up against TW... Looking forward to what kind of mayhem Daryl is gonna bring; how Michonne interacts with Rick; what Tyrese and Sasha do; Milton, Andrea and the Gov...now that's an epi in its self...
    Don't know how far in some of you are but things are about to get real!

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Patrick Schroedl and jdbii like this.
    03-26-2013 07:46 PM
    Wouldn't you. If she really did care about him like you seen in the second episode she wouldn't have treated him so harshly. She told him off so cold. From that moment I knew she had to die. On top of all that she really gave him missed signals after asking him to stay and right before he killed randall.
    Some of those points are valid, but we do have to remember she thought that Rick was dead and gone. I'm not completely excusing her actions, and I agree that she just pushed him away with nothing more to it, however after a couple of episodes her words to Shane about their 'relationship' seemed more genuine.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole baby-in-the-group thing. I just don't see where the writers can take the baby as a character in this world and have it be believable. If they want to develop the character at all, they'll have to show significant passage of time (years). I don't see them being able to reflect that passage of time in other characters, especially Carl/Maggie/Glenn.
    03-26-2013 07:47 PM
    Some of those points are valid, but we do have to remember she thought that Rick was dead and gone. I'm not completely excusing her actions, and I agree that she just pushed him away with nothing more to it, however after a couple of episodes her words to Shane about their 'relationship' seemed more genuine.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole baby-in-the-group thing. I just don't see where the writers can take the baby as a character in this world and have it be believable. If they want to develop the character at all, they'll have to show significant passage of time (years). I don't see them being able to reflect that passage of time in other characters, especially Carl/Maggie/Glenn.
    The only thing i could see of that baby is it being a cure for the living infected. A new start to say.

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers
    03-26-2013 07:59 PM
    The only thing i could see of that baby is it being a cure for the living infected. A new start to say.
    Please no; that's just too clich for my taste. I'm all for finding a cure through some unexpected means, but the one baby born in the dystopian world of the walking dead?
    03-26-2013 08:44 PM
    If you read the comics....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    03-26-2013 09:21 PM
    I think Rick has came back to his senses.
    Kinda interested in how or if Morgan will be brought back but something tells me he will make an appearance at a crucial moment when TP goes up against TW... Looking forward to what kind of mayhem Daryl is gonna bring; how Michonne interacts with Rick; what Tyrese and Sasha do; Milton, Andrea and the Gov...now that's an epi in its self...
    Don't know how far in some of you are but things are about to get real!

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Rick probably saw Morgan as his future.

03-26-2013 09:22 PM

Never read the comics.

Edit: nevermind jusy read about her

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers
    03-26-2013 10:18 PM
    There's no guarantee that they'll go with the comics for all potentially relevant decisions in the series. I know a bit of the comics, but I'm purposefully avoiding most of it so that I just don't know what's coming in the show.
    03-28-2013 02:29 AM
    There's no guarantee that they'll go with the comics for all potentially relevant decisions in the series. I know a bit of the comics, but I'm purposefully avoiding most of it so that I just don't know what's coming in the show.
    You can follow the comics without spoiling the TV show. In terms of what happens to who, the two are very different.

geekymcfly likes this.
    03-28-2013 10:30 AM
    03-30-2013 06:47 PM
    That's hilarious

Rooted: Tmo GS3: PacMan ROM : 4.2.2
    03-30-2013 07:24 PM
    One hour and 16 minutes. Excited

Edit: im disappointed

Aquila likes this.
    03-31-2013 06:44 PM
    Kinda dissappointed w/the Finale...AMC hyped it up as "GRAND" and it was more along the lines of "meh" (IMHO). All the foreplay leading up to 2 mins of "that's it?"
    Aquila and Ry like this.
    04-01-2013 08:06 AM
    Kinda dissappointed w/the Finale...AMC hyped it up as "GRAND" and it was more along the lines of "meh" (IMHO). All the foreplay leading up to 2 mins of "that's it?"
    I agree.

04-01-2013 09:06 AM
    Curious how the "new" screenwriter is gonna work the next season since Mazzara(?) is gone...Killing off Andrea threw me for a loop since she was such an important character in the comics. But then again, the TV series is waaaay different....
    The Gov doing that to his own folks...smh. Did you see the looks on Martinez and Shumperts faces? Dude is officially bat-ish crazy!
    Carl is turning into a 'Lil Gov/Shane (take your pick) Don't think he should of popped Toby in the head when not only Carl but Hershel had guns drawn on him...
    Good to see Tyreese back with TP (this guy is a BEAST in the comics)
    Let's see how Rick and TP handle taking on the old folks/kids from TW...(and his bad-*** son to boot)
    jdbii likes this.
    04-01-2013 01:11 PM
    I was not disappointed the least bit. I thought the finale was everything one could hope for in any season finale. I was sad to see one of my favorite characters bite the dust, but I've come to expect that nobody is safe.

The only disappointment that I could possibly think of is that last night's finale had the feeling (for me) like it was the end of a movie, or the an end of a book, or possibly even the end of the story. I know there are a lot of loose ends and big gaping holes and questions marks -- for instance WTF happened to The Governor -- but everybody came together, and they all are best friends, and it finished with such ambiance of hope and goodness of humanity. Yes, there is still the Governor, but he is like the only evil question mark that is left. Thus far in the story, there always has been major internal strife among the characters in Rick's group. That interpersonal internal strife was always as much of a threat of destroying the group from within as any existential threat could do so from the outside. But now Carl, a kid, is the only loose cannon in the group and he seems to young to present much of a danger to the whole group. Give him a couple more years and he could turn into a Merle, but right now he is just too young to be taken seriously even if he can murder in cold blood.
    Rodawg71 likes this.
    04-01-2013 01:57 PM
    True...Watching the main characters develop and the trials and tribulations each one has endured from season 1 to Finale made TWD. Now, what to watch until Oct.!!!
    04-01-2013 02:28 PM
    True...Watching the main characters develop and the trials and tribulations each one has endured from season 1 to Finale made TWD. Now, what to watch until Oct.!!!
    Check out FX's The Americans or the History Channel's The Vikings, and of course the big one, HBO's Game of Thrones.
    Rodawg71 likes this.
    04-01-2013 02:47 PM
    Agreed. Underwhelming.
    04-01-2013 03:03 PM
    For the record, I'm purposefully staying out of this thread and haven't read most of this page because I watch my TV online and so I'm almost always behind the airing schedule.

Also, I guess the whole idea of the miracle-baby plot element keeps reminding me of Children of Men. If they did it well in TWD I could be fine with it. Definitely watch Children of Men if you haven't seen the film version. It's very dark.. fits the definition of a dystopian world nearly perfectly.. but is good to watch at least once. It's a perfect film for deep analysis of plot, character, and symbolism in literature and film.
    jdbii likes this.
    04-01-2013 03:45 PM
    Generation Kill

jdbii likes this.
    04-01-2013 03:50 PM
    For the record, I'm purposefully staying out of this thread and haven't read most of this page because I watch my TV online and so I'm almost always behind the airing schedule.

Also, I guess the whole idea of the miracle-baby plot element keeps reminding me of Children of Men. If they did it well in TWD I could be fine with it. Definitely watch Children of Men if you haven't seen the film version. It's very dark.. fits the definition of a dystopian world nearly perfectly.. but is good to watch at least once. It's a perfect film for deep analysis of plot, character, and symbolism in literature and film.
    I second the recommendation for Children of Men. That was a great movie. I too was reminded of Children of Men when the baby was born in TWD. I think it is a bit more challenging to work babies into TV dramas than in the movies. A movie can have the central plot being saving a baby since it is only 2 or 3 hours long and the narrative won't get boring. In fact there are all kinds of movies that center around babies, or end with the birth of a baby, or the sound of a crying baby -- think of religous stories. I don't think you see that plot very much in TV, especially TV series that span several seasons. I think "saving the baby" in a weekly TV drama would get pretty dull pretty quick.
    04-01-2013 05:03 PM
    Sorry to post in a dead thread, but I wanted to mention a new Zombie mini-series "In The Flesh" on BBC America for those who might be interested.

"In The Flesh," BBC America. I think it is only 3 nights and last night was the Premier, and I think it is only tonight and tomorrow, but those who have On Demand should be able to watch.

It is a different take on the whole Zombie genre. Being a Zombie is actually treatable with medication and they reintroduce them back into society. So everybody who was chased and eaten by Zombies now how to live side by side with them. lol............anyway it actually is pretty good and worth your time if you are a Zombie fan.
    06-07-2013 03:19 PM
    Sorry to post in a dead thread, but I wanted to mention a new Zombie mini-series "In The Flesh" on BBC America for those who might be interested.

"In The Flesh," BBC America. I think it is only 3 nights and last night was the Premier, and I think it is only tonight and tomorrow, but those who have On Demand should be able to watch.

It is a different take on the whole Zombie genre. Being a Zombie is actually treatable with medication and they reintroduce them back into society. So everybody who was chased and eaten by Zombies now how to live side by side with them. lol............anyway it actually is pretty good and worth your time if you are a Zombie fan.
    There can be only one!
    06-07-2013 03:22 PM
    There can be only one!
    I'm too slow............I don't know what you are talking about

Unless you saw it last night and it was something that was said on the website when the kid went to that subversive website, but I can't remember.
    06-07-2013 03:31 PM
59 123