The Walking Dead (TV)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I really never liked rick. Mostly shane because he knew and he did what needed to be done.

Hey Nothing. They can't make it out of Georgia let alone thousands of miles away. Plus the people in Hawaii are already infected. So A"roha

Interesting. I liked Rick in the beginning, because I felt that the group needed someone who was able to somewhat "hold on" to their values while trying to lead. Especially because if they eventually find some sort of bona fide safe harbor, I'd hate to see Rick left in a deranged state for the remained of the series. Of course the group has changed, but I think taking the whole upstanding-sheriff aspect out of the equation took something valuable away from the group and the group's overall image.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I liked Rick in the beginning, because I felt that the group needed someone who was able to somewhat "hold on" to their values while trying to lead. Especially because if they eventually find some sort of bona fide safe harbor, I'd hate to see Rick left in a deranged state for the remained of the series. Of course the group has changed, but I think taking the whole upstanding-sheriff aspect out of the equation took something valuable away from the group and the group's overall image.

Very true. I think Shane held his values good. At least better than I would have. Rick's character just did what was told until Shane forced him to think differently. Other than that his disillusional state should have shown the group its desire to have a new emerging leader and that is Daryl.

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Very true. I think Shane held his values good. At least better than I would have. Rick's character just did what was told until Shane forced him to think differently. Other than that his disillusional state should have shown the group its desire to have a new emerging leader and that is Daryl.

Spot-on on the Daryl thought; I agree. I think Shane lost his values when he started going after Rick over Lori. I was a fan of Shane until he succumbed to jealousy and anger in some situations.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Spot-on on the Daryl thought; I agree. I think Shane lost his values when he started going after Rick over Lori. I was a fan of Shane until he succumbed to jealousy and anger in some situations.

Wouldn't you. If she really did care about him like you seen in the second episode she wouldn't have treated him so harshly. She told him off so cold. From that moment I knew she had to die. On top of all that she really gave him mixed signals after asking him to stay and right before he killed randall. Without none of that he wouldn't be so enraged

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I think Rick has came back to his senses.
Kinda interested in how or if Morgan will be brought back but something tells me he will make an appearance at a crucial moment when TP goes up against TW... Looking forward to what kind of mayhem Daryl is gonna bring; how Michonne interacts with Rick; what Tyrese and Sasha do; Milton, Andrea and the Gov...now that's an epi in its self...
Don't know how far in some of you are but things are about to get real!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't you. If she really did care about him like you seen in the second episode she wouldn't have treated him so harshly. She told him off so cold. From that moment I knew she had to die. On top of all that she really gave him missed signals after asking him to stay and right before he killed randall.

Some of those points are valid, but we do have to remember she thought that Rick was dead and gone. I'm not completely excusing her actions, and I agree that she just pushed him away with nothing more to it, however after a couple of episodes her words to Shane about their 'relationship' seemed more genuine.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole baby-in-the-group thing. I just don't see where the writers can take the baby as a character in this world and have it be believable. If they want to develop the character at all, they'll have to show significant passage of time (years). I don't see them being able to reflect that passage of time in other characters, especially Carl/Maggie/Glenn.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Some of those points are valid, but we do have to remember she thought that Rick was dead and gone. I'm not completely excusing her actions, and I agree that she just pushed him away with nothing more to it, however after a couple of episodes her words to Shane about their 'relationship' seemed more genuine.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole baby-in-the-group thing. I just don't see where the writers can take the baby as a character in this world and have it be believable. If they want to develop the character at all, they'll have to show significant passage of time (years). I don't see them being able to reflect that passage of time in other characters, especially Carl/Maggie/Glenn.

The only thing i could see of that baby is it being a cure for the living infected. A new start to say.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The only thing i could see of that baby is it being a cure for the living infected. A new start to say.

Please no; that's just too clich? for my taste. I'm all for finding a cure through some unexpected means, but the one baby born in the dystopian world of the walking dead?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you read the comics....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Rick has came back to his senses.
Kinda interested in how or if Morgan will be brought back but something tells me he will make an appearance at a crucial moment when TP goes up against TW... Looking forward to what kind of mayhem Daryl is gonna bring; how Michonne interacts with Rick; what Tyrese and Sasha do; Milton, Andrea and the Gov...now that's an epi in its self...
Don't know how far in some of you are but things are about to get real!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Rick probably saw Morgan as his future.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Never read the comics.

Edit: nevermind jusy read about her

Last edited:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

There's no guarantee that they'll go with the comics for all potentially relevant decisions in the series. I know a bit of the comics, but I'm purposefully avoiding most of it so that I just don't know what's coming in the show.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There's no guarantee that they'll go with the comics for all potentially relevant decisions in the series. I know a bit of the comics, but I'm purposefully avoiding most of it so that I just don't know what's coming in the show.

You can follow the comics without spoiling the TV show. In terms of what happens to who, the two are very different.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
One hour and 16 minutes. Excited

Edit: im disappointed

Last edited:

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Kinda dissappointed w/the Finale...AMC hyped it up as "GRAND" and it was more along the lines of "meh" (IMHO). All the foreplay leading up to 2 mins of "that's it?"

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Kinda dissappointed w/the Finale...AMC hyped it up as "GRAND" and it was more along the lines of "meh" (IMHO). All the foreplay leading up to 2 mins of "that's it?"

I agree.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Curious how the "new" screenwriter is gonna work the next season since Mazzara(?) is gone...Killing off Andrea threw me for a loop since she was such an important character in the comics. But then again, the TV series is waaaay different....
The Gov doing that to his own folks...smh. Did you see the looks on Martinez and Shumperts faces? Dude is officially bat-ish crazy!
Carl is turning into a 'Lil Gov/Shane (take your pick) Don't think he should of popped Toby in the head when not only Carl but Hershel had guns drawn on him...
Good to see Tyreese back with TP (this guy is a BEAST in the comics)
Let's see how Rick and TP handle taking on the old folks/kids from TW...(and his bad-*** son to boot)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke