The Walking Dead (TV)

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was not disappointed the least bit. I thought the finale was everything one could hope for in any season finale. I was sad to see one of my favorite characters bite the dust, but I've come to expect that nobody is safe.

The only disappointment that I could possibly think of is that last night's finale had the feeling (for me) like it was the end of a movie, or the an end of a book, or possibly even the end of the story. I know there are a lot of loose ends and big gaping holes and questions marks -- for instance WTF happened to The Governor -- but everybody came together, and they all are best friends, and it finished with such ambiance of hope and goodness of humanity. Yes, there is still the Governor, but he is like the only evil question mark that is left. Thus far in the story, there always has been major internal strife among the characters in Rick's group. That interpersonal internal strife was always as much of a threat of destroying the group from within as any existential threat could do so from the outside. But now Carl, a kid, is the only loose cannon in the group and he seems to young to present much of a danger to the whole group. Give him a couple more years and he could turn into a Merle, but right now he is just too young to be taken seriously even if he can murder in cold blood.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
True...Watching the main characters develop and the trials and tribulations each one has endured from season 1 to Finale made TWD. Now, what to watch until Oct.!!!

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
True...Watching the main characters develop and the trials and tribulations each one has endured from season 1 to Finale made TWD. Now, what to watch until Oct.!!!

Check out FX's The Americans or the History Channel's The Vikings, and of course the big one, HBO's Game of Thrones.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I'm purposefully staying out of this thread and haven't read most of this page because I watch my TV online and so I'm almost always behind the airing schedule. ;)

Also, I guess the whole idea of the miracle-baby plot element keeps reminding me of Children of Men. If they did it well in TWD I could be fine with it. Definitely watch Children of Men if you haven't seen the film version. It's very dark.. fits the definition of a dystopian world nearly perfectly.. but is good to watch at least once. It's a perfect film for deep analysis of plot, character, and symbolism in literature and film.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Generation Kill

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
For the record, I'm purposefully staying out of this thread and haven't read most of this page because I watch my TV online and so I'm almost always behind the airing schedule. ;)

Also, I guess the whole idea of the miracle-baby plot element keeps reminding me of Children of Men. If they did it well in TWD I could be fine with it. Definitely watch Children of Men if you haven't seen the film version. It's very dark.. fits the definition of a dystopian world nearly perfectly.. but is good to watch at least once. It's a perfect film for deep analysis of plot, character, and symbolism in literature and film.

I second the recommendation for Children of Men. That was a great movie. I too was reminded of Children of Men when the baby was born in TWD. I think it is a bit more challenging to work babies into TV dramas than in the movies. A movie can have the central plot being saving a baby since it is only 2 or 3 hours long and the narrative won't get boring. In fact there are all kinds of movies that center around babies, or end with the birth of a baby, or the sound of a crying baby -- think of religous stories. I don't think you see that plot very much in TV, especially TV series that span several seasons. I think "saving the baby" in a weekly TV drama would get pretty dull pretty quick.

Last edited:

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to post in a dead thread, but I wanted to mention a new Zombie mini-series "In The Flesh" on BBC America for those who might be interested.

"In The Flesh," BBC America. I think it is only 3 nights and last night was the Premier, and I think it is only tonight and tomorrow, but those who have On Demand should be able to watch.

It is a different take on the whole Zombie genre. Being a Zombie is actually treatable with medication and they reintroduce them back into society. So everybody who was chased and eaten by Zombies now how to live side by side with them. lol............anyway it actually is pretty good and worth your time if you are a Zombie fan.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to post in a dead thread, but I wanted to mention a new Zombie mini-series "In The Flesh" on BBC America for those who might be interested.

"In The Flesh," BBC America. I think it is only 3 nights and last night was the Premier, and I think it is only tonight and tomorrow, but those who have On Demand should be able to watch.

It is a different take on the whole Zombie genre. Being a Zombie is actually treatable with medication and they reintroduce them back into society. So everybody who was chased and eaten by Zombies now how to live side by side with them. lol............anyway it actually is pretty good and worth your time if you are a Zombie fan.

There can be only one!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
lol, your ruining the thread, now nobody is going to see my "In The Flesh" recommendation because it is on the prior page.

421827_10151356416265787_96475667_n.jpg

gdasilva16

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Tonight's episode was amazing!!! I was shocked when she got Maggie's shirt thinking she got cut in the stomach... close call. AND CAROL!!!! SPEECHLESS

ghibran

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Reading a lot of positive reviews for The Walking Dead Season 9. So planning to watch it or is there anybody already have watched the ninth season kindly share your review.